Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
WillsBreeze

Default Dealer Service

This is my first post, I have been lurking for a while reading up on all the good information.

I have a few questions I would like to ask, I purchased my first camper in late June and me and the wife where so excited to pick it up. To make a long story short, we took it on a trip to Maine and had some issues that had to be fixed. We thought that it would be no big deal because they where factory issues and the dealer we purchased it from has 60 work bays and told us that repairs rairly took more than a week. What a scam that ended up being, as of today we still don't have the fifth wheel back. When the dealer was making the repairs they decided to drill thru the exterior wall as well as a few other things.

Is this the way it is for everyone?
Is this how the dealers treat everyone?
It seems from the conversation I had from Gulf Stream that because the damage was done by the dealer, they won't fix it even if I take it there, so I am stuck waiting for the dealer to make it right. Is this what everyone goes thru?

Sorry to have so many questions on my first post, but we are just so tired of fighting with the dealer, and waiting on getting it back, I just figured maybe someone else had some advice they could give.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Will
WillsBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote