Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-23-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Broncbuster

Default 2006 GS Endura 6331 interior light issue

Hello, new to the forum but not new to RV's.

Got rid of a E450 class C and bought a 2006 GS Endura 6331 on the Chevrolet Kodiak Chassis.

Coach is a low mileage (12K) and has been well maintained.

Everything on the interior seems to work fine except the 12V lights that is in the slide out over the sofa(mounted on the bottom of the overhead cabinet, the light in the slide out in the bedroom( again mounted on bottom of overhead cabinet. and the light over the sink (again mounted on bottom of overhead cabinet). All lights are the same style and make. There seems to be no power to them.
I have checked all fuses in panel, and can't seem to find any other switch except the ones on the lights. I swapped bulbs and still nothing.
Any Ideas? Does anyone know where the power comes into the slide?
Broncbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:40 PM   #2
Frutza

Now on mine, which is a totally different animal from yours, theres a 4x4 electrical box in the belly that they made connection for the cable on the slide, in other words, they run single power and ground cables, but for the slides they switch to a flexible "so" cord, like a extension cable
Old 01-25-2018, 08:16 AM   #3
Broncbuster

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the weather here will stay clear enough to run the slides out and check a few things out.
All other lights and 12V items work except these lights. I am guessing they run off the same fuse(either road side or curb side). Will look for junction box under slide area.
I will post findings.
Broncbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:38 AM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbuster View Post
Hello, new to the forum but not new to RV's.

Got rid of a E450 class C and bought a 2006 GS Endura 6331 on the Chevrolet Kodiak Chassis.

Coach is a low mileage (12K) and has been well maintained.

Everything on the interior seems to work fine except the 12V lights that is in the slide out over the sofa(mounted on the bottom of the overhead cabinet, the light in the slide out in the bedroom( again mounted on bottom of overhead cabinet. and the light over the sink (again mounted on bottom of overhead cabinet). All lights are the same style and make. There seems to be no power to them.
I have checked all fuses in panel, and can't seem to find any other switch except the ones on the lights. I swapped bulbs and still nothing.
Any Ideas? Does anyone know where the power comes into the slide?

Using a volt meter check for 12V at both sides of the switch. If you are afraid or not knowledgeable in electricity and electronics maybe you could get someone with some experience to help. I have had to change several light fixtures due to bad switches. Sometimes they can be cleaned up with some contact cleaner. These were NOT in my Gulf Stream but in other campers. I have converted my motor home to LED's throughout. Look on Ebay for LED bulbs.

Sudsy
Old 01-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #5
Broncbuster

I will use my Fluke meter and check them today. Just thought it was weird that all the same style did not work.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:48 PM   #6
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncbuster View Post
I will use my Fluke meter and check them today. Just thought it was weird that all the same style did not work.

Yea the one's I had I replaced 1 then another one did it so I ordered a couple and sold the camper with a spare.

Sudsy
Old 01-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #7
Broncbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Yea the one's I had I replaced 1 then another one did it so I ordered a couple and sold the camper with a spare.

Sudsy
Well you hit it right on the head. Power to switch no power out. Reason I thought I had no power was heat shrink connectors were sealed tight and could not get a good connection. Cut the wires and had power, by passed the switch and the light worked.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #8
Broncbuster

Just an update for any future RV'rs. Looked all around and could not find a switch that I thought would work. Lowes has a 110V rated chrome push button lamp switch for around $3 that works.