Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-13-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
galena

Default Second trip in SuperNova 6400

I reported our feedback after our first trip and have now scheduled our second trip for over a week starting the 26th. I have to take to the dealer on Mon the 15th to address items so far identified, nothing really large. We are still very pleased with the 6400 over our 2006 Seneca.
I have a few questions for other owners:
1) I finally got to the right person to give me instructions for turning on and off the electric water heater. Does the electric provide the hot water needed or do you also use the prophane?
2) When we take in Mon we are not sure what to do with the table with one leg. The options are to leave as is and have a lot of movement OR replace with two legs. I want to go to two legs but not sure what the rug will look like when they move the current leg. What has everyone done?
3) It appears the MPG is a instant reading not an overage. Is this correct and if so can one change to an average?
Thanks
galena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
Texas TC

I have one of the first models and wish I had the electric/propane heater. The early units came with 6 gallon (adequate for wife and I) but only propane. From the models I have seen, the two leg table would help. I would consider having them put a flush plate over the original leg mounting. I do not think a carpet patch would stand up or look good.

The mpg readout only works real time. It would be nice to have an average but I have not fond any way to change it.

I have over 20000 miles on my 33' model and enjoy it more and more as we get to use it. I am doing my annual boon docking trip to the NHRA drag races next weekend. That is when the generator gets its major exercise since I run it for pretty much three days straight. I have done this trip in two different coaches and the SuperNova does a great job running all the systems with the generator and it is a great place to come back to after a day in the sun.

Good luck with your warranty work and your coach in general.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
RJ82much

Default Re: Second trip in SuperNova 6400

Quote:
Originally Posted by galena
Does the electric provide the hot water needed or do you also use the propane?

Hi Galena... Your electric is sufficient to properly heat your hot water. (Controlled by the unlabeled mystery switch with red light)

However, if you are impatient, the manual says it is acceptable to also turn on the propane via the wall panel switch (with the green lamp) on the led status board. That will hurry things along.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote