Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
TheUnitasker

Default Newbie's Water Heater Question

Several places in the owner's manual for our new GS Ameri-Lite 188RB, and in the operation manual for the water heater itself, there are warnings to NOT turn on the water heater until the 6 gallon water heater tank is full of water. Makes sense, huh!

Well, what it doesn't tell you anywhere is how to tell if the water heater tank IS full of water. Our first few camping trips, we have used a full hookup site, so we have access to an outside water source rather than having to fill the on-board 30 gallon fresh water tank. May I safely assume that, when connected to a water source and the source is turned on, the water heater tank automatically fills? And, if we ever use the 30 gallon fresh water tank in lieu of connecting to an outside water supply, I'm sure we would have to run the water pump to fill the water heater 6 gal tank. But how would we know when it's full?

Thanks in advance for your replies and patience with those completely unfamiliar with travel trailers (such as myself).
TheUnitasker is offline   Reply With Quote