Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
hayden964

Default I should have bought an extended warranty

My roof has came apart from where the fiberglass one piece meets the front fiberglass nose. Now all of the fabric on the sleep over is dry rotten.
On the sides the fiberglass roof looks like it is wrinkleing . Now the paint is peeling off in alot of spots..

It is three years old now and the dealer told me nothing is covered under warranty..

Three years , 10,000 miles and my Supernova is a total POS
hayden964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
Texas TC

I am truly sorry for your SuperNova issues. However, I am not sure an extended warranty would have done you any good. I have an Interstate Star policy that has been great for a few minor issues I have encountered but as far as structural issues go, it only covers metal structural issues and nothing to do with the fiberglass or cap structural problems. I also do not think it would cover any damages caused by the leak. Have you checked with your insurance carrier, they might cover any damages caused by the leak. Seems like it should be like a home owners policy to me.

I hope you find an inexpensive way to repair your coach. The structural parts are the main thing. The cloth issues can be changed out without too much cash outlay.

Good luck!

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
hayden964

Default lastest issue

My brake pressure control pump went bad now , this unit has 12,000 miles. Internationals warranty is only for 2 yrs on brakes. The international dealer stated that they are always replacing this pump. And they will warranty the part for up to three years(the part is $6,000) if not . But it is back ordered and the wait is 3 to 5 weeks .

They could not explain why the part failed other then it was junk . evendently it is also installed on school buses

The part was warrantied but the labor was 1600 after a tow
hayden964 is offline   Reply With Quote