Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
barefoot14

Default 2014 Vista Cruiser 17RWD

Picked up our 2014 Vista Cruiser 17RWD on Friday and spent two nights at a campground on Currituck Sound NC getting to know our new babe. It was fantastic. Nearly everything worked perfectly and what didn't was very minor. It has a great floor plan for 2 adults with a dog, Shiloh slept in the shower. Wish the USB port on the music system would accept my USB thumb drive with music...my biggest problem! Love the shower, the head room, the kitchen, the dinette...the bed is definitely NOT a queen, that is an inaccurate claim based on measurements, it's a standard size and we need to buy a mattress topper to make it more comfortable as the gap in the boards below it makes you think you are the princess and the pea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013 March Bell\'s Island campground.jpg (121.4 KB, 4786 views)
barefoot14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
charby

Default Re: 2014 Vista Cruiser 17RWD

You never want to complain when our trailers are still in a foot of snow here in Canada! Enjoy the early spring camping...Jealous here in the COLD weather! 2 months to go here....
Old 03-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
barefoot14

Check out Facebook for Vista Cruiser Travel Trailers By Gulf Stream Coach. Nice photos of minor mods made by owners.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
xbsa66

i just got mine today and start stacking it for the trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes MI. I see you using a Subaru Forester to tow it, how did it handles the weight an gas. I will use a Toyota Venza. Does it need to get a weight distribution hitch? what is your opinion?

Thanks Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot14
Picked up our 2014 Vista Cruiser 17RWD on Friday and spent two nights at a campground on Currituck Sound NC getting to know our new babe. It was fantastic. Nearly everything worked perfectly and what didn't was very minor. It has a great floor plan for 2 adults with a dog, Shiloh slept in the shower. Wish the USB port on the music system would accept my USB thumb drive with music...my biggest problem! Love the shower, the head room, the kitchen, the dinette...the bed is definitely NOT a queen, that is an inaccurate claim based on measurements, it's a standard size and we need to buy a mattress topper to make it more comfortable as the gap in the boards below it makes you think you are the princess and the pea.
xbsa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #5
barefoot14

We are using a Toyota Highlander and we did get a weight distribution hitch as well as a brake controller. It pulls nicely, just like a small boat. We have been camping three times. It is back at the dealer's now as we couldn't get the manual awning to come out and the TV had no reception from antenna near a TV tower. Only other thing is I cannot figure out how to get the USB thumb drive to play. I posted a lot of small mods on Facebook on the Vista Cruiser by Gulf Stream page.