Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #1
jerryscott

Default Front Main Headlights Fogged

I have a 1995 Scenic Cruiser and luckily I have not had to drive much at night on unlit roads ..... yet.
It does have the two lower mounted driving lights that does allow me to get enough light to get by but I'd LIKE to also use my main headlights.
The outer glass cover is very very fogged.
I have used the buffer pads on the outside multiple times with NO improvement because the fogged part is on the INSIDE of the lens cover. (these are the large rectangular lights with the amber turn light on the outside wrap around)
I have laid under the front and examined how to remove these lights multiple times and NOTHING seems to work.
I ASSUME that the headlights were not placed on some bracket then the entire coach formed around them but I'm starting to wonder.
If I could get them removed and cannot get the front lens cover removed to polish and seal the inside then I'm open to even putting in some different lights, but getting the original ones removed is the first step before I can do anything.
In the coming year I plan to use the RV much more than I have since I purchased it about 8 years ago and am addressing problems that I've discovered so far. THE NEXT IS STEERING BOX SLACK!
jerryscott is offline   Reply With Quote