Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class C
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
woodworker414

Default What is it for?

Hi everyone, just joined the group. We are the new owners of a 2003 Cavalier 29.5 with most bells and whistle. We have had one short trip to visit our son and his family. To attend the baptistism of our new grandson.
I have crawled all over this unit, and pretty well have it under control, this is not out first RV, this is our 6th. We just love this unit. We are coming out of a large truck camper, because the DW has arthritis real bad, she was having a lot of trouble getting into the cab over bed. So the move to this unit, much more handy for her. My question, on the lower dash below the lighter about 6" from the bottom of the dash is a red light, which is not a Ford item. What is that light used for, it has never come on. Is this something that GS installed to indicate something or did a previous owner installed it for some reason, that I have not figured out yet. Just want to know, I like to know as much as I can about the units that I have. Thanks for any thoughts that you have.
Have safe travels.
Bill