Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #1
Sundancer268

Default New Owner

I have just purchased a 1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 8384WFD. We looked at the Unit in December Purchased it this week and will drive out to pick it up in May this year. I have a lot of questions to ask here if anyone has the time to answer and has the answers.

The Dealership sent me the manuals that were in the Motor Home, but the following manuals were missing.

Owners Manual, I have no Idea how the Allison Automatic is operated or how the Cruise Control operates.

Generator Manual. All I know is it is Propane.

Furnace, I know it is under the dinette.

The Awning. I do not know what brand it is.

I am sure I will have some more questions as time goes by.

Thank you.
Air Force One Brake System
Sundancer268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
RJ82much

You have the same problem that we all have: "Who makes the components & where are the manuals?"

Since your unit is a 1995, many of the manufacturers & model numbers are likely to have changed.

My awning is A&E; my heater is Suburban, my generator is Onan. I did get the manuals for each with my unit. But, there are many more items I did not, & I have needed additional information on almost everything that I had the manuals for.

Take a pen & pad, flashlight, & your digital camera, & document all the components in your rig. Then spend some time on the computer.

For my Allison transmission, I downloaded a huge manual, available online. Your generator will have a model number & manufacturer somewhere on the cover or the generator frame. Those manuals are available online at their website.

The awning will likely be identified on a sticker on the roll cover. A&E was a little tricky to locate online till you determine that they are part of Dometic.

Your furnace is going to take some digging. I've never seen mine (nor had reason to), but the same search applies. When it was too difficult to get my head close enough to read sticker information, I stick my trusty camera in & take a picture. Thats how I determined the model & maker of my automatic transfer switch and the manufacturer of the very complex speaker switch way up under my dashboard, and the model number of my A/C's, to mention a few.

Cruise control is probably supplied by your chassis maker.

As you get some model numbers, come back for more assistance if you cannot find the manufacturer's service website.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Sundancer268

Thank you, I will check things out when I get my hands on the unit but for now it is 550 Miles away at the dealers buried in snow. I was hoping someone had the same model readily available to them and could give me the answers before May. Again Thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
zzrv

Give GS a call with your VIN and they might be able to send you the complete set of owners manuals. I had the same issue with my 2003 mh, and they sent ALL the manuals to me. However, with a 1995 unit, you may not be so lucky.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Sundancer268

I did call Gulf Stream a couple of weeks ago and was told they would send me what they had but no plumbing or wiring diagrams as they are proprietary. I still have not heard anything back. They are down to only one customer service rep right now, I think things are slow for them. I was told by Jennifer? that the mid-west rep was out until at least the end of January so I planned to try again next week to see what they had. Thank you for your time.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
RayChez1

I have a 2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser, but the manuals don't really show that much information like what you want. Like the plumbing it will show a very skimpy diagram as to how the plumbing goes, and the wiring that you asked about is not there. Actually I have never used it. The cruiser is a good coach. Problems through the first six years have been mininal. Have 39K miles on mine now and it is running better then when it was new.
Good luck with yours
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
fatboylust

Scroll to the bottom on this forum and read PETITION GULF STREAM COACH/Petition Gulf Stream Coach for complete technical docs, which will give some ideas on how others have gotten wiring diagram info from GS. The "proprietary" issue negotiable it seems if you contact the right person.

Hope this helps