Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-11-2022, 10:00 PM   #1
Skylee

Smile 2007 Sun Voyager 8389 Ext. Fire Damage $$$?

Hello, I'm new to the forum and just picked up a 2007 Sun Voyager 8389.

The coach was parked next to a car that caught fire doing superficial paint damage to the front passenger side of rig from the front edge of big slider up to the back of front finder. Crackled paint in a few areas and melted door entry light trim.

One of the tinted windows broke and the window in side door broke as well as it melted the plastic door window trim and melted the screen on door...figured out the door was in the open position when fire broke out.

Coach has 8.1 Chevy with 28k and everything in the coach works as it should.

No wires were melted as I have investigated before energizing unit and as I said "Everything works great in it"...No interior damage at all other than entry carpet on steps was a little seared...replacing.

Have priced replacing what was damaged and having the paint prepped for a vinyl wrap to match coach to bring her back to the beautiful looking coach it is.
All together about $5k in costs which includes 2 windows, door trim, paint prep, vinyl wrap, 3 new tv's, 2 lounge chairs and the washer all stolen from auction site most likely?

My question is...according to current RV prices it books for about 65k with a clean title... but I purchased it with a salvage title and since drivability is not in question I plan on getting a rebuilt title. Drove it a 1000 miles back home without a hickup...she rides nice!

What is it realistically worth once repairs are complete if I were to sell it???

Thanks for your input and I have thick skin, no snowflakes here so give it to me straight. Thanks again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0733.jpg (253.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0734.jpg (331.7 KB, 7 views)
Skylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 10:52 AM   #2
Chuck v

Figuring half low retail is maybe still optimistic for a salvage title RV... The saving grace may be the overall high prices getting paid for used vehicles of all c=kinds nowadays. A few years ago I sold my 2007 Tour Master T40C with no known issues and just 11K miles for $40k -- it resold two years later for more than twice that... Your Sun Voyager is lower cost/finish unit but somewhat similar.

If you bought this coach to keep, just do the work you need to get done to your complete satisfaction and enjoy using it. If you bought it to turn a profit -- hope you got it for well under 30K.

A wrap is no substitute for a good paint job in my estimation. I once had a full wrap put on a demonstration coach for my company for use at trade shows and in on-site demo visits showcasing our video equipment and video service system. It was a lot of work to keep this clean and looking good over the 120K miles we put on it... This was a much bigger and more expensive coach than my Tour Master -- being a Prevost H-45 full custom coach by Vantare'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3197.jpg (229.4 KB, 3 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
8389, fire, salvage, sun voyager