Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-08-2017, 06:40 AM   #1
mworley1

Default Ameri Lite 16BHC water pump

We've had our trailer for about 3 months and finally noticed something with the water pump and don't know if it's an issue or just new owner paranoia. When I fill the fresh water tank and turn on the pump it will pump up as it should. I open the water heater pressure valve and let all the air out of the tank, close it once water flows. I'll then open faucet and allow air out as well, repeat for shower, after that I will let water into commode bowl.
If I leave the 12v on the pump it will cycle almost every 20-30 seconds. I went all over trailer looking for leaks found none. I even bled the low point water drains under trailer, thought it might be air in lines. I took filter screen out and checked for clog, nothing. When I bypass the hot water heater the pump will short cycle, run 2-3 seconds stop, then immediately restart and repeat. With the hot water heater in line the cycles are every 20 or so seconds. We just leave pump off when not in use, we've always done this with other trailers in the past. I can hear a sound from the pump that sounds like an air pressure leak in between the longer 20 second cycles. The sound is coming from the front lower part of pump. Is this normal? Did my pump fail? I physically removed the pump and checked it for clogs and or seeping, nothing. It's a Flojet pump 035260144. I'm wondering if the pump hasn't developed a pressure release issue. I assume that the water heater is acting as a holding pressure tank of sorts and that's why the cycles are 20 seconds or so as opposed to the constant cycling with it bypassed.
One note I took access panels off under shower/tub, looked in water heater compartment, under sink, followed the water lines all over the trailer and found no leaks.
One thing I noticed is that there are no O-rings on the pump fittings that are connected to the water lines, just quick release blue tabs.
Just a little puzzled or overly cautious. Thank you for any and all assistance.
mworley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #2
gunrock1

Pump diaphragm maybe?

Also, check your city connection inlet--if that is not seated properly, pressure could be escaping too.

Also, join a group on Facebook called "RV tips"--you will get instant, and some good troubleshooting ideas. Not sure why, but this forum is way less active than others I have been on. I am coming from Forest River and those forums are real active, but I assume that's probably because they are so big and GS almost seems like a niche travel trailer producer...not a lot owners it seems...
gunrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #3
gunrock1

OH i know what o rings you are talking about---they are on the fitting. If you relieve pump pressure and take them off, you can check to make sure the o-ring is seated properly, but at that point, I would think you'd be noticing some leaks.
gunrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote