Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
riverofcode

Default Water in basement

Ok, so here goes. We've owned this 2008 GS Tourmaster for about a year now and spent the first year doing a bunch of "renovations" to include interior painting and various actual repairs. After our first "real" trip we ran into some rain on the last leg on the way home and I found the basement rather wet. At first I thought it was getting forced up thru the floor but last weekend after getting it inspected and driving home in a light rain it was wet again. It looks like the water is traveling down along the frame rails into the basement.

Here's the question for the audience.... Where should I be looking for water intrusion that would be getting it up on the frame rails?

Thanks,

2008 Tour Master T40c
2014 Honda CRV toad
riverofcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
neondon

Is there any moisture around the slide-outs? I'm looking for the source of a little drip, enough to get a hand towel moist, from the bottom rail of the kitchen slide. The weatherstrip has been replaced all around the sides and top, against the siding. Next, I'll check for an unlikely drip from nearby kitchen plumbing. Winterized now, it should be colored...

Your basement could get some water from weatherstripping (loose basement door latch), water pipe, water heater (keep the anode rod replaced every year to corrode instead of the tank), hopefully not a water tank, but check all the low-point drains too. Can you tell what the most moisture is close to?? We'll both find it. I hope you're first.
neondon is offline   Reply With Quote