Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-10-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
Dennis1554

Default Newbie to Class A

Hi! Last week, my wife and I picked up a 2006 Friendship G7. We are excited about the adventures ahead! Our previous RV was a 1994 Class C with no slides, so this is a tremendous leap for us! Glad I found this group. Hope you don’t mind questions, because i’m sure I will have some.
Dennis1554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
Frutza

Welcome Dennis, good times ahead, put your coach I,go in your signature for future posts, enjoy
Old 01-20-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1554 View Post
Hi! Last week, my wife and I picked up a 2006 Friendship G7. We are excited about the adventures ahead! Our previous RV was a 1994 Class C with no slides, so this is a tremendous leap for us! Glad I found this group. Hope you don’t mind questions, because i’m sure I will have some.

The Friendship G7 was a well made coach. Being that it is used I can not tell you how this coach was treated, but as far as to quality they were made well.
Check the tires real close. Tires are suppose to be changed out at least every six to seven years. The rubber usually will start getting side wall cracks at six years. Take it for a test drive and see how it handles. Check your slides, levelers and all the amenities that come with the coach, like the washer, AC/heat pumps if equipped. Check the furnace, fridge, microwave/convection oven. Check the batteries to see if the house batteries have been serviced. Most of the time they are the wet type batteries for the house and sealed AGM for the engine. You should be able to tell if the coach has been taken care off. Ask for service records. In the manuals an owner should have recorded when he had the oil changed out and filters.

Good luck!
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #4
boatguypat

I have a 2004 Friendship G7 Atrium. I may be able to help with any questions you have.
boatguypat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:02 AM   #5
Swiss Man

Congrats to your G7. I have a 2005 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser Atrium. If I can help, just let me know....
Swiss Man is offline   Reply With Quote