Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
RayChez1

Default Scenic Cruiser owners

Am I the only Scenic Cruiser owner left? I hardly ever see any posts of Scenic Cruiser owners. I believe the last year they manufactured the Scenic Cruiser was in 2006. Then they were replaced as the top coach by Friendship and now by TourMaster. I know my coach has been a wonderful coach, but I was wondering how other Scenic Cruiser owners are doing with their coaches. Sure feel bad that they stopped the production of them or else I would have bought me another one. All I see is the little logo picture of the forum on the top left of the screen of a Scenic Cruiser like mine except that is blue and mine is like a light gold, brown and some other color. Would like to hear from other owners to see how their coach has performed for them.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
Kilgorehorn

I bought my Scenic Cruiser used in 2005 and have been very happy with it.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
RayChez1

Yippie! Good to read that there are other Scenic Cruiser owners out there. You don't see too many of them. Just wonder what happened to all of them. I drive into a RV parks and people still think that it is a new design from GulfStream and are very impressed. When I tell them that it is a 2002 they are amazed that such a nice looking coach was discontinued.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 05-23-2010, 04:13 AM   #4
Kilgorehorn

Yeah, people are always surprised when I tell them mine is a 2000 model.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
RayHarkness

Default scenic cruiser

we have a 2002 Scenic Cruiser..and love it..been good.the occasional odds and ends, but I have since learned how to work my way thru things.

I made some wiring changes, put the fridge into the circuit that is activated when I used the inverter..great for on the road.....

the coach looks good too..people can't believe its an 02. I do have a question, do any of you know what the rocker switch is, on the dashboard, next to that large rectangular instrument cluster across the top? I may be stupid....well.I do have my moments.

Oh....I have learned, buy fuel in good well used truck stops that have fresh fuel, AND-keep a spare fuel filter handy!! R
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
RayChez1

The rocker switch is for your odometer. It will give it to you in kilometers or miles.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 06-18-2010, 06:14 AM   #7
Sundancer268

1995 Scenic Cruiser 34' DP. Bought Used in 09. Still working out previous owner caused problems. Can not blame previous owner as he has passed on (Estate Sale). So far I love it, corrected engine problem and milage went from 7 MPG to over 10.5. Am still finding poor wiring practices like wires just twisted together and tape having fallen off. Just lost the Dash Radio/CD Player when wires shorted out. Nothing I did not expect with that old of a coach.
Air Force One Brake System
Sundancer268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
210craig

I may be a new Scenic Cruiser owner. I will know Saturday. I found a 1994 34' DP, original owner, 24K, the thing looks brand new, always stored in a RV garage. New refer, microwave, tires.

The guy is asking $28,500. Hopefully I can close the deal.

Even though its nice its still a 16 YO coach so I'm sure I will get to know the forum well.
210craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #9
ruth

Default 1997 scenic cruiser

We purchased a 1997 Scenic cruiser in the summer of 2009, less than 50,000 miles for $40,000. Only took a trip of 1800 miles last fall. Tried to exit our area for winter but got snowed in. Haven't left this year yet, you know how hard it is to get away sometimes.

Anyway, this summer, we replaced tires. Only tires that fit it were Michelin so tire company ordered Bridgestone which areal 1/3" smaller. Also had to order a big foot leveler motor for one leveler. Also having trouble keeping convex mirrors in. One fell out while traveling last summer. Purchased new one at RV dealer for $60.00. Found that they are made by Ramco and ordered our own parts this year for a cost of $23.00.

Get good gas mileage of 10mph, not towing.

Took out washer/dryer combo.

Now we have a water leak, looks like around slide out. Do you know the brand of slide out in our motorhome? It is at an RV dealer for new seals on slide out and slide out adjustment.

Expected to have to put some money in it at its age but we are very satisfied. People also express to us how it doesn't look that old. Beautiful white interior. Satellite TV. Very comfortable. Engine and transmission and brakes were checked out and found to be good.

Anxious to keep up with other scenic cruiser owners.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #10
RayChez1

Hello Ruth,
Glad to read that there are other Scenic Cruiser owners out there. Scenic Cruiser was in production until 2006, yet I have not seen any newer then 2002 on the road and we travel all over the country. I always wonder what happened to all the Scenic Cruisers that were produced after 2002. We just got back from a two month trip up the pacific north west. We started in southern California and traveled up into Oregon and Washington. Lots of rain up there, and very foggy. We will spend a couple of days at our residentail home and then take off again on the coach. This time I want to take my day cruiser boat out to the Colorado river and use the darn thing. I have had it on storage for a year in Las Vegas and I need to take it out. So my plans are to take it out every day for a week. Hope it is not too hot, but we can always cool off in the river.
Our Scenic Cruiser worked to perfection on our trip up north.
You mention that Michelin was the only company to manufacture tires that would fit? I have 22.5 tires on my coach and I used to have the Michelin XRV tires when I first bought it new, but after five years I switched to Toyo tires. I think the Toyo's are superior to the Michelins. The Michelins were 255/80 and the Toyo's are 265/75. They fit right into the original rims. I had the tires balanced with Equal and had the special valve stems installed because of the Equal. It is as smooth as can be.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 08-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #11
RayChez1

Default Re: scenic cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by raharkness
we have a 2002 Scenic Cruiser..and love it..been good.the occasional odds and ends, but I have since learned how to work my way thru things.

I made some wiring changes, put the fridge into the circuit that is activated when I used the inverter..great for on the road.....

the coach looks good too..people can't believe its an 02. I do have a question, do any of you know what the rocker switch is, on the dashboard, next to that large rectangular instrument cluster across the top? I may be stupid....well.I do have my moments.

Oh....I have learned, buy fuel in good well used truck stops that have fresh fuel, AND-keep a spare fuel filter handy!! R
When I turn the inverter on all my outlets have tha AC feed. Same as if I was hooked to shore power. I can't figure why you had to rewire your frig outlet for the inverter to run your frig. It should have been done at the factory.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 08-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #12
cerealjoe

Hi RayChez. Hoping to see some photos of that Class A. I think it will look interesting to see it.
cerealjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #13
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealjoe
Hi RayChez. Hoping to see some photos of that Class A. I think it will look interesting to see it.
Hello Joe
You would like to see photos of what class A?
Are you referring to my coach?
My coach looks exactly like the picture of the Scenic Cruiser at the upper lefthand corner except that is blue and mine is like a gold with about three different colors of brown and lavender. But I am not sure what photo's you want to see.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 08-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #14
Madem Zen

Hi there,
We are the proud owners of a Scenic Cruiser as well! She is a 1994 38' and is no where near stock... With anything! We have totally rebuilt her inside and out and most would never recognize what she is until you look closely.
We full time in her so we had to make her a nice livable space (which is where we got the Madam Zen part) so after almost 6 months of renovations we are almost finished. When we got her she had a lot of water damage and so pretty much started going from there!

Stuff we have done so far include;

New subfloor
Bamboo and marble flooring
Radiant floor heating
New interior walls
Completely redesigned layout
New A/C electrical system
1800 watt Magnum inverter
4 255 amp hour D8 batteries
Stand alone Samsung french door refrigerator
GE full size microwave and oven
100% all new cabinetry in a Japanese theme
Granite counter tops
LED lighting
Neo angle shower
Tankless water heater
Theitford china toilet
42" big screen TV with dedicated entertainment computer
All black exterior with the fridge, vent and heater holes fiber glassed and smoothed!

She has been quite the project and I have loved doing all the work with my girlfriend!

See you guys out on the road!

XO Breanna
Old 08-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #15
RayChez1

Wow! Madem Zen, you have done a complete modification of that coach. I was wondering if you could post some pictures. I imagine it does look different.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 11-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #16
GypsyWind

Got ours a couple of years ago, love it except for the leak in the rear slide that we have yet to manage. We got it after going back to work so have only been from Missouri to Florida in it a couple of times to see the kids. Wish we had it when we did FL to WA! Don't see too many of them out there, but is sure is a nice ride! [/img]
Old 11-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #17
RayChez1

Well Gypsy it is good to read that there are some Scenic Cruiser owners out there. I alway wonder what ever happened to all the newer Scenic Cruisers. I believe 2006 was the last year they manufactured the Scenic Cruiser. We have been very happy with ours through 49K miles. We bought it new and had thought of going to the 45' Constellation, but we never got to see one before they canceled the production line.
I believe you are the first in this forum with the newer version of the Scenic Cruiser.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 02-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #18
stevefl

Default Any Scenic Cruiser Owners ??

Glad to hear there are others. I am a new - first time - MH owner. I recently purchased a 1994 34 ft Scenic Cruiser with a Cummins D and 6 Sp Allison. I gutted the inside and replaced the floor with laminate maple and redid the furniture. Made most necessary inside repairs and have moved to the running gear. Surprised how complicated the electronic/electric system. I gave up trying to find any schematics and purchased a good multimeter and wire probe to chase grounds and shorts. I would like to talk to anyone who has or is going thru similar work with their Scenic Cruiser. Still somewhat overwhelmed and could use advice.
stevefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #19
RayChez1

Default Re: Scenic Cruiser owners

I sure wish there was a way to show some pictures in this forum. Sounds like a very interesting project some of you guys have going. I could never do that kind of work stripping the whole inside and redoing everything. I sure would be interested on just changing the front television and replacing it with a flat screen. But if I had it done, I would want it to look like a professional job. I had to fix my front television one time and that thing was heavy. But while I had it out I noticed that it is enclosed by an all steel cage. So to replace it, that steel cage would have to be cut off and remade to fit a flat screen since most of the flat screens are rectangular instead of square.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 03-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #20
RayChez1

Default Re: scenic cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
Quote:
Originally Posted by raharkness

When I turn the inverter on all my outlets have tha AC feed. Same as if I was hooked to shore power. I can't figure why you had to rewire your frig outlet for the inverter to run your frig. It should have been done at the factory.
Hey Ray, The rocker switch that you are asking about is for switching to metric and back to standard on your speedometer.
Aventa II Blue Ox