Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-18-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
FastEddie87

Default Hot water heater

Hello to all my friends and fellow our viewers I'm having a small problem my pilot light continues to work and sometimes goes out which means the heaters not working any clues
FastEddie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:04 PM   #2
Frnzkchar

Send a message via AIM to Frnzkchar Send a message via Skype™ to Frnzkchar

Old school Pipe cleaner
Frnzkchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
miked

take an air hose and blow everything out, most likely debris
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:25 AM   #4
VaHappyCamper

As has been previously stated, the line could have something in them (bugs are famous for hiding in there), the thermocouple could be weakening or it could be as simple as the pilot flame needs to be increased slightly (I've encountered this problem previously).

I hope this helps.
VaHappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:31 PM   #5
networkguy

Same thing in a pilot light in those "non-movable homes", spiders like sit flow and they put tiny webs everywhere.

If it is an older unit, the new ones light from a power on the COACH Power side. No pilot burning, they also can run on shore power reducing the use of LP gas
networkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #6
FastEddie87

Thank you that's exactly what it was great community God bless everyone
Old 10-07-2020, 09:59 AM   #7
FastEddie87

Default Water Heater /Heat

I put this up a little while back and I got some answers but now I'm at another Park and when I went to turn the hot water on turn the power on and the little yellow light did not come on so I went and checked the gas was not all the way on I just had it filled up opened it up tried the heater cool air but when the heater came on the yellow light came on but no heat came out basically I don't think it's getting any propane where should I start please help it's a 2002 Gulfstream sun Voyager
Old 10-07-2020, 12:02 PM   #8
VaHappyCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie87 View Post
I put this up a little while back and I got some answers but now I'm at another Park and when I went to turn the hot water on turn the power on and the little yellow light did not come on so I went and checked the gas was not all the way on I just had it filled up opened it up tried the heater cool air but when the heater came on the yellow light came on but no heat came out basically I don't think it's getting any propane where should I start please help it's a 2002 Gulfstream sun Voyager
If you just changed (recharged)the tank and everything was working right previously, I would suggest turning the tank off, unscrew the gas line from the tank, reconnect the line and SLOWLY reopen the gas valve on the tank. If you inadvertently turned it on too fast, there is a valve inside that will shut off the flow. There also may be some air in the line from the tank switch. The simple fix is to lite the stove to bleed the air out of the lines, then try the hot water heater again.

Hopefully this will work.
VaHappyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #9
FastEddie87

Default Need Help

Hot 🔥 water pilot light will not light on it's own I went lit it saw is on then had wife turn on the water heater in Rig then I hear like strike light up but after 2-4 I see pilot light on gane ?
Old 03-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #10
davisrod29

Where exactly are you putting the air hose to blow everything out?
davisrod29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 03:03 AM   #11
Henry111

This is my 2d EcoSmart tankless heater. the first remains going strong. I’ve downsized to a smaller home & thanks to the extraordinary overall performance of my 1st heater product, I decided to shop for the 2d time. I like all approximately it, longevity, its smooth appearance, simple use & specifically being capable of selecting the temper, alternatively of aiming to gauge the temperature similar to the various brands.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote