Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #21
Chuck v

David,

Yes, the microwave could move back a bit -- but I don't find that an urgent change. I have been eyeballing the space behind it however, and have been considering making a pull-down spice rack that is on the order of a 'vertical drawer' and have been noodling how to work the catch to hold it up when "closed" -- as you can see I try to use stock hardware and methods, as my shop skills are a bit limited. Plus the confined spaces make all these projects something akin to building a ship in a bottle...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #22
rescue7

I added a standard pantry cabinet beside the washer dryer in the closet.
I cut out part of the rail for hanging clothes, but we dont hang that many clothes and wanted more storage.

Don
Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #23
Chuck v

Don,

Here is the can dispenser that is a "mini-pantry" on the upper shelf of the cabinet over the sink. It JUST fits and pretty much needed to be assembled in-place (after I figured out what spacings we needed for popular sized cans...)

These two photos show the knife holder on the inside of the sink door, attached with mirror tile adhesive tape, and the three wire roll out shelves that were selected for best fit around the plumbing. Taking out the original single slide out upholstered wooden shelf added about 2 inches to the usable height of that space under the sink.

Next is a solution to the floor registers being 'tiled in place' as was discussed in a prior post. I found some same size grills that could be placed over the captive ones and sandwiched some wire screening in between -- no pest traffic to worry about now!

And last -- here is the 'over the microwave storage space' door showing the added hinges -- that detail was left out of earlier views... You can see how close it comes to the puck light on the soffit and why I was concerned about adding a handle in the center of this door of the style matching all the other pulls.

Chuck

Old 07-02-2010, 07:32 AM   #24
rescue7

Chuck

Great job on use of space we all need.

Looks great

Don
Old 07-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #25
Chuck v

More on the ongoing war against mice!

If you have a dash heat/conditioned air blower with fresh air inlet openings like mine, you may want to add some additional screening to keep unwanted visitors from using this path into the coach.

I did not find any specific visible evidence that there was any prior traffic in my case, but the openings just screamed for some added mesh. I used the same expanded metal as shown earlier in this thread, and pop riveted it to the plastic blower where there was enough room to drill and use the pop rivet tool. I hate to use 'duct tape' but had to resort to that along the rear edge of the mesh as there was no room for installing other fasteners.

...closer detail...

Chuck

Old 08-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #26
rescue7

Chuck

Did you find the huge hole that are around the living room slide arms. They go right in to the basement, large birds can get in there and have a nice home.

Don
Old 08-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #27
Chuck v

Don,

Yes, those were some of the first things we saw that really made us question how we were ever to keep pests out. My wife commented that a camel might start there to get inside!

I have been using some soft foam blocks that I have cut to fit tightly in these openings when the slide is out (two per opening, notched for and meeting at the arms and rods that move with the slide...) If I forget to take them out when the slide is retracted, they just fall to the inside in the basement. I have yet to come up with a more permanent solution -- trying to think of one that is self deploying and does not need action each time from me separately.

Chuck

Old 08-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #28
rescue7

I just cut a plug out of a cardboard box today. put on the inside. I think a rubber flap of some kind would work . Another project.

Don
Old 11-13-2019, 07:47 PM   #29
SGTJAC

Since many you have a TM, could tell me what exactly what this does on the a 2006 TM 40a? I believe it's a A/C coil? Heater?lastofsummerpic3 (3).jpg
SGTJAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #30
Sudsy

Default Irish Spring Soap for mice

I was told a few years back about using a small piece of Irish Spring soap at each end of the slide rooms and in cabinets, under drawers in bedroom and we haven't seen a mouse since. We also now try not to keep dry goods in the coach when it's in storage. We have had no mice for a few years so I think it works.

Sudsy