Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
motoford

Default Visa 23BHD Water Heater Bypass - *Found*

Good afternoon everyone, I hate for my first post to be a question, but I guess that's how it works.

I have a 2011 Visa 23BHD that I bought new last fall. This past weekend was the first time we have tried to use the hot water, everything fires up and we get water through the faucets, but it never gets hot. After about 10 minutes the water heater flame shuts off and the check valve is popped out with just air escaping. I assumed no water in the tank, but I was a bit surprised that the water comes through the faucet fine, just cold.

I pulled every single user accessible panel inside and outside and did not find any valve. The closest I found was under the shower where I see the feed off the cold water into the water tank compartment and the hot water return from it. But that compartment is all stapled up. I looked in the storage area adjacent and unless I'm an idiot (and that is always a possibility), there just isn't any way to get to any valve without tearing stuff apart. I called my dealer this morning and he thinks its the idiot part of me, but he doesn't have any more to look at, just going on what "every other trailer ever made" has.

There are hot and cold pipes exiting the bottom of the camper back near the water heater area and both are just plugged off, I even wondered if there is supposed to be a valve there and its just missing or was removed for winterizing.

Anyone with a 23BHD that can tell me where this elusive valve is ?
motoford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
motoford

Default Re: Visa 23BHD Water Heater Bypass - Where is it?

A very helpful owner on another forum pointed me in the right direction.

The access is under the rear bunk, lift up the mattress and unscrew the platform that the bed rests on.

Thanks to everyone that looked!
motoford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
RinconVTR

Default Re: Visa 23BHD Water Heater Bypass - *Found*

Isnt it nice when dealers do not turn turn off the bypass or at least tell you where the valves are located?!?!?! I had the same issue when I bought mine.