Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
campers0518

Default Door leaks

Both of my entry doors leak on my 2009 24rkl Innsbruck, has anybody else had this problem? On both door the top rear corners have curled out past the gutter. Factory is sending 2 new doors to me just hope it is not an on going problem with a trailer just built a few months ago.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
lockdoc

Glad to hear that they are taking care of you! Let us know how it goes...I do not remember any other posts with this issue so hopefully yours is just a quirk and the new doors will take care of it!
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
campers0518

Thanks Lockdoc, I`m not new to camping or trailers but never thought I would have this problem with an 09. Factory told me they are sending doors to me been waiting for quite a while guess maybe holidays have things slowed up.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #4
IOWA HAPPY CAMPER

Default DOORS

if its curled out you should be able to get a small block of wood and a hammer and tap it back ,there just alum. make sure your dealer does the repair, might have have the wood frame sticking out a little and he will be able to shave it down flush. is it alum. or fiberglass sided?
IOWA HAPPY CAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #5
campers0518

Thank you for your input. If it was just the alum covering I think I could repair it like you said but seems like the door itself is warped at the top. I did try bending the corner in but is just springs back, Short of taking it off and and leaving a heavy weight on that corner while it is laying down I will not stay. My problem is this is a 2009 trailer with a large payment book and I`m not happy. My 89 starcraft was twice the trailer that this new one is it seems anyway. Gulfstream I thought was a first class manufacture, maybe so but their quialy control is terrible. We love the trailer but are not happy right now.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
campers0518

Default UP DATE

Well after many emails to customer service along with phone calls to them and to the parts dept at Gulf Stream I was able to get 2 different ship dates for my doors. Still no doors. Emailed and finally called again and got a different person at Gulf Stream. She found the file and sent me to somebody else who after looking at the file said "isn`t that funny there hasn`t been any shipments out on this" how about that. I still have a 09 trailer sitting in my side yard with both doors taped shut. The trailer is just what we want ie layout, size ,even looks sharp but now I`m thinking of trading it on some other make. Never have I ever dealt with such a manufacture as this or dealer who had the trailer for 7 weeks and did nothing about the doors. Don`t mean to be negitive Gulf Stream but I`m pretty burnt right now.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
rjf7g

Default Not my experience with Gulfstream

Wow...my dealer fixed a slide issue under warranty before he pulled my trailer off of his lot and he fixed two warranty issues after he installed the trailer on a permanent site. I have never talked to anyone at Gulfstream except to meet my dealer's sales rep at a show and to thank him for taking care of my order. I am sorry you have had the experience you have with Gulfstream. Have you asked to speak with a manager?
Old 01-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
campers0518

I have gave up at my dealer, you just would not believe what I am going through. Right now I am talking to the factory, very nice people seems but still don`t have any doors. Last conversation with them and they said they would try to ship the doors this coming week. All I can do now is hope they follow up. Like I said this trailer we really like, we looked at a lot of models and makes and this is just what we were looking for. If it wasn`t for the water leaks at the doors I would be a happy camper. Figures first new trailer, oh well I just hope they come through, thanks for your input.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
IOWA HAPPY CAMPER

Default wow

wow,,,,, sounds like the dealer realy dropped the ball,,,,what dealer did you buy it from ??? that should have been caught in the dealer prep or when they washed it????
IOWA HAPPY CAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #10
campers0518

I would rather not mention the dealer as other people have bought from them and had no problems, of course if I had no problems I would think the same way. Southern NJ dealer and the only one I am aware of here for gulfstream. When I picked the unit up a mechanic from the shop done the walk through as the person suppose to do it didn`t show. But that was ok. still waiting to hear from the factory, don`t know where to go next if they don`t do something. just got to wait at this point. it`s only been going on 3 months now a little longer won`t matter. Thanks for your input.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #11
campers0518

New News, Well Gulfstream owners, Gulfstream will come through and if you pester the dealer enough they will also. Gulfstream parts sent me doors(2) The first couple they sent me were wrong but they didn`t stop there and I now have 2 new doors. While all of this was going on my dealer called me and said to bring the trailer to their other store where I did not buy it from and if after THEY installed the doors if it was still not satisfactory they would put us in another new trailer!! How about that, took a lot of time(almost 3months) and worry but I`m feeling a whole lot better about Gulfstream and the dealer. In fact I am having them install a slide topper while it is there. Maybe afterall we will be happy campers come spring. Dorothy and John Southern NJ
Old 01-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #12
lockdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by campers0518
New News, Well Gulfstream owners, Gulfstream will come through and if you pester the dealer enough they will also. Gulfstream parts sent me doors(2) The first couple they sent me were wrong but they didn`t stop there and I now have 2 new doors. While all of this was going on my dealer called me and said to bring the trailer to their other store where I did not buy it from and if after THEY installed the doors if it was still not satisfactory they would put us in another new trailer!! How about that, took a lot of time(almost 3months) and worry but I`m feeling a whole lot better about Gulfstream and the dealer. In fact I am having them install a slide topper while it is there. Maybe afterall we will be happy campers come spring. Dorothy and John Southern NJ
Now that IS good news! I am finding that things don't move fast in the RV service industry when it is a warranty issue but if you have the patience required I have found GS to come through. In todays economy this is a sign of a good company in my opinion. Even if it takes awhile they are making people whole!

Please post the follow up on this for us that are watching how it turns out for you!
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #13
campers0518

Well we got the trailer back this past week end. They did a first class job on it, doing what their other dealership should have done 4 months ago. Took less than 2 weeks to install the 2 new doors, check what was checked by their other store and install a slide topper. All of the work looks first class and we are happy again. Everything went so smooth I really can`t believe it. I guess this shows that Gulfstream will take care of a problem which everybody has from what I`ve been told no matter what brand. This was our first brand new trailer and was kind of wishing we had not got rid of our old one but now we are excited again and ready to go. Thanks to everybody for their comments and help. Have a great year camping. John and Dorothy
Old 01-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #14
campers0518

Default door leaks

Hi Everybody. Well it has been a year from my last post. Once the problems were fixed right with out 24rkl we still love it. Only a couple of really small issues after the door nightmare and they I took care of. Replaced the antenna and repair a couple of the inside doors but really that was nothing. Tell you the truth a year ago I never thought I would be saying this but we are glad we bought this unit and would recommend GS to anyone. Hope everybody has a safe and fun year, keep them fires burnin. John and Dorothy Southern NJ
Old 01-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #15
mfa

That's great to hear. Thanks for reporting back!
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #16
campers0518

Well Gulf Streamers we have to say good-bye, traded our unit for a keystone montana 5th wheel, not sure it was the right decision but we`ll see. Thanks to everybody for their help in the past. Be safe,have fun and keep the fires burning John and Dorothy in southern nj
Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #17
RayChez1

Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote