Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #1
Dzl210

Default New owner, parts dealers, what plumbing sys part is missing?

Didn't have enough title room to say it's a 1990 Sun Vista i picked up. Runs like a dream, unfortunately, there's a few issues and i could also use a parts source.

Main problem is the previous owner said the water pump doesn't work. I figured no big deal, i hooked a hose up to it and water poured out. I opened the access panel and noticed everything was missing under that panel. I'm about 99% sure it's the water heater that's actually missing and not the "water pump".

I dunno what's up with the random plumbing fittings.

The roof A/C unit trips the breaker, it runs for a minute without blowing any cold air. It cycles down for a few seconds, then trips the breaker after dimming the lights. I'm going to try cleaning the coils and see what happens, but any other suggestions welcome.

A little cosmetic flaw...the two sun windows have missing plastic curtain track buttons and i can't for the life of me find them. First world problems i know, but it bothers me.
Dzl210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
nomad

Default Re: New owner, parts dealers, what plumbing sys part is miss

PPL parts - google it is the best I have found

Yeah looks like the water heater is gone, those are sewage hose parts laying about most likely just stored there .
8000 watt Onan Generator
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Dzl210

I put a voltage tester on those wires and turned on the switch for the water pump. Shows voltage with the switch on and no voltage with it off.

If this huge void is where the water pump goes, where the hell is the water heater supposed to go? There are two other small wires in this compartment, but they're small gauge and i highly doubt would power anything like a water heater.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
Dzl210

Yup, plugged the plumbing lines and hooked up a hose. I have water in the RV and i'm guessing i have a water heater because hose water comes out the hot side too after it fills up what seems like a tank.

Now i just have to find this thing. :\