Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #1
tarnolds

Default Removing House Batteries from Gulfstream Sprinter 2014

Just purchase a one year old Sprinter, 2014 Class B, RV, and test panel is showing the Aux battery to be at 10.7 volts. Verified on the test panel that it is indeed getting charge at 14.1 when the engine is on, however the battery quickly returns to 10.7 volts when engine is turned off. Removed the battery access panel from the rear compartment under the seat, and confirmed the battery was 10.7 volts with a voltage meter. Attempted to slide the battery tray out, that contains two LifeLine battery, however there is a strap in place over the top of the batteries and they seem to get stuck after moving about an inch. Does anyone know what is holding in these batteries? I'm thinking they should just slid out, but there getting stuck on something? Rather not remove the whole compartment and seats if not necessary? Is ok to use the local autopart store deep cycles as a replacement, or should I pay more for the lifeline OEM battery, which is 2.5 times more expensive? Thanks for any responses in advance, I'm new to this stuff.
tarnolds is offline   Reply With Quote