Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
bruceteri

Default Need lots of help

Hi: Purchased a 1994 Gulfsyream Scenic Cruiser about 3 months ago and have had problems. The latest one is as follows. About 2 weeks ago I parked it and yesterday I went out to do some small repairs and found I had no power. I plugged into 110V 15 amp. and still no power. The inverter/charger light didn't come on. No motor, no lights, no generator. No nothing. This is my problem now but have many questions and no owners manual. Found this forum and hoping to get some help.

Thanks Bruce
Old 10-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
David Bott

Welcome to the site.

I do not have a rig like yours, but wanted to more or less says it sounds like one of the main breakers is off or the house or chassis cut off switches are off. Not that you would not have thought of that...but their are many in an RV. If you are plugged in, you would have some power unless a breaker was off or, if you have one, your transfer switch could be an issue.

Just thoughts.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
RJ82much

Bruce,

I think David is dead-on correct about the main disconnect(s) being off. If your unit is stone-cold dead, it's generally the rocker-switches just inside the main entry door - one is for the house & the other for the engine.

In my Sun Voyager, Gulf Stream must have forgotten (hah!!) to label the "on" & "off" side of the rocker switch, so I have to try them both ways till I see something turn on.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote