Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
chipstalk

Default 97 GULFSTREAM DEISEL wiring prob

under the dash are two pairs of wires marked TUB1/RMF1 & LTR1/RMF they both terminate with a rubber piece which has a male female cap pugged into them. the TUB1/RMF1 pair has melted and it appears in the melted cap there is a diode or some type of component. both wires test hot. gulfsteam doesn't have a wiring diagram and befor i start following wires or hire a wire follower does anyone have an idea what TUB1/RMF1 are for or knows where i might get a wiring diagram for 97 deisel pusher.

thanks
Old 06-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
RJ82much

I don't have a diagram, but I've seen GS refer to the RMF as the remote mirror feed.... Are your mirrors moving (with the ignition on?)

LTR - left turn rear ??

I will admit that this doesn't seem to make sense at this point....

Also, check around the harness, probably where it goes into a more massive group, looking for a label of sorts, such as " AE#### " That is an important ID if you can find it & report back to the forum

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

Chip,
I just checked my prints for my 2004 Diesel Pusher on a Freightliner Chassis for the legends of the wires and I found the following results:

RMF = Radio Memory Feed

LTR = Lighter Feed

There is no TUB but there is a TVB which is TV Antenna Booster

The numbers after Identify the wire number feed such as the LTR has 1 thru 5 feeds to lighter/power outlets.

The legend for the RMF shows only 1 feed for the Radio Memory Feed on my 2004 but maybe they were more for your '97.

Oh by the way, Gulf Stream Does have a wiring print for your coach, they are just very hard to get them to release them to you. Sometimes they will sent only what you need and sometimes they will not release them no matter what.

Are you sure that those aren't just Butt connectors or bullet connectors that are burnt/melted?

Anyway, maybe with knowing what the legends are, it can get you a place to check if that item works or not.

Good luck, wiring problems can be a real pain.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
RJ82much

Ron,

I'm sure you are dead-on correct with your analysis...

I've been trouble shooting a missing IGN signal for the better part of 2 weeks now. It's NOT IGN1, IGN2, up thru about IGN7 or so. Finally, I've traced it to the BBx interface (Body Builder) -no 12 volts to pull in the master ignition relay, needed to power all the rest. No remote mirrors (MRF), no defrost fans, no IRD charging, & and (ha haha) the TV stays on even with the engine running!

That's why I got the mirror remote mixed up with the radio memory. Also, I lost all auxiliary right-hand lighting on my toad, and it isn't the lamp. So I've been tracing left turn & right turn wires, but the cigarette lighters (LTR) are there and working just fine.

Chip, if you burned up lighter wiring, you might pay attention to the amount of load you are pluggung in.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
GStream40
Site Team

RJ,

Sounds like you have a rough one there. You probably already checked to make sure that you have power to everything in your fuseblock already, but I had a problem one year after I purchased our coach and the fuseblock had a broken connector in the back where it didn't supply power to about 1/2 of the block.
It was really strange. The fix was Gulf Stream Techs installed a heavy gauge jumper wire in the to feed the whole block. I can't remember everything that didn't work, but one thing was coach air electric fan that is mounted under the front that cools the condenser coils since ours is a diesel.

I know the TV will work if the 12v fuse is pulled or no power for the interlock relay that kills the 110v power to the TV plug.

Good luck, let us know what the problem/fix is.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
RJ82much

Ron,

I didn't mean to hijack Chip's thread, but I also appreciate the input on my problem. I have removed all relay holders & fuse blocks from the holders in order to look at the rear wiring... All is in order. The pink wire that supposed to bring main IGN from under the dash is dead.... right back to where it enters a connector block of sorts, leading to Workhorse wiring.

Oh yeah, I jumped 12 volts to the "sub-IGN" lines (as though the relay operated) & everything works (mirrors, defrost fans, IRD charging relay, & yes, the TV turns off!) <scream, luckily not enough hair left to pull out>

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 05-19-2015, 06:33 PM   #7
Jcm152

Default Re: 97 GULFSTREAM DEISEL wiring prob

We are having to exact same problem on the exact same coach.
Did anybody ever figure it out?
Jcm152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #8
Jcm152

Default Re: 97 GULFSTREAM DEISEL wiring prob

Bob
I was talking about your relay problem.
Did you ever get yours fixed?
Jcm152 is offline   Reply With Quote