Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
11B

Default Elec. Help

I just installed 4 new 6 volt house batteries in my 07 friendship, the batteries are installed correctly and my Freedom 458 Inverter charger is charging just fine, however I can only bring the batteries up to 3/4 charge. I have 3 small wires that go to the batteries, one flat black from the inverter which goes to positive and then I have a black and a white. I have no idea which goes where or what they are for.

Could anyone tell me if or which goes to the possitive or negative terminal. My old brain tells me if I have them hooked up wrong it might be causing my problem of not getting to a full charge. Ray Chaz if you read this leave me a phone number and name of who I might be able to get hold of at the factory to find out.
Kids raised and only barrow money
400 Cummins Bad Milage
11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Elec. Help

You might want to post on another forum. wwwRV.NET is a bigger forum and there are a lot of RVers there that know quite a bit about your problem.
I also would keep in mind to call Xantrex in Portland Oregon because it sounds to me like it might be something in your inverter/charger.
good luck!
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote