Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
DanKearney

Default Need a quick bit of information from other Colorado Gulf Stream owners

Howdy All,

Bottom line up front: Will another Colorado resident who owns a Gulf Stream motorhome please take a look at your title document and tell me what the MAKE is listed as?

Last month I went to my local Colorado DMV office with the New York State title for a 2000 Gulf Stream Cavalier W6200C Class C that I purchased from out of state. The clerk found it impossible to input the right 4 letter title code for either Gulf Stream or Cavalier. The system will only let the clerk proceed after inputting an accepted string of characters. She finally got it to accept the letters MOTO. She told me that they'd straighten it out at the state title office when the paperwork arrived. Of course, they did not.

Instead, I received a Colorado title that still shows the MAKE as MOTO. Additionally, they changed the model year from 2000 to 1999. I can only guess they did that because they used the chassis VIN number as their reference.

I am trying to get my county clerk to straighten it out but it seems beyond her abilities.

Cheers,

Dan K.
DanKearney is offline   Reply With Quote