Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
SlimTim

Default Hypermax VT365 Engine Programer

After two years of searching I have finally found a true engine programmer for our Supernovas. This is not a fuel rail spoof device like the MP8 or Diablo units, it is a true programmer – I currently have an MP8 on my 6400. I have spoken with the manufacture in depth and he even offered me a money back guarantee. He said layout a ¼ mile stretch or find a hill and climb it without the Mach 7 and then do it again with the Mach 7 installed. If there was not an improvement he would refund my money.
This module/system was originally designed for the international CXT and MXT pickups. These trucks used nearly the same running gear as our Supernovas so the Mach 7 will connect directly to the International's service port, just like on the MXT pickups.
The Hypermax Mach 7 MXT Performance Module plugs directly into your VT365/MXT's FICM. Hypermax claims performance increases of 50-150 horsepower. For 2004-2008 International VT365/MXT trucks powered with the 6.0L V-8.
I am also looking at the Mach Meter Display. The Mach Meter Display is designed to work with the CXT/MXT Mach 7 performance module. Simply plugs into the Mach 7 module and allows the operator to adjust power settings on the fly while displaying the critical parameters such as exhaust gas temperature, manifold pressure, engine oil temperature and engine RPM. There are 7 pages of different screen options to view data. Display up to 4 different parameters. Includes timer, adjustable lighting and other selectable user modes. No drilling of your dash, simply clips on the instrument bezel.
The combined price of these items will cost $1,075.00, so it’s not cheap. However with the money back guarantee Its worth a try. I had planned to purchase this a while ago and posting the results, but other projects got in the way. So with that said maybe somebody else can purchase one and let us know what they think.
As a side note, Hypermax Engineering http://www.gohypermax.com has built and raced all sorts of ford and international diesel engines. I would recommend giving them a call if you want to up the HP in your Supernova.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:42 PM   #2
bhplumber

Slim, keep us updated on how it works is definitely like to add some hp to my supernova.
bhplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:29 PM   #3
LTC_R

I'm interested in how it goes. I am only about 2 hours from Hypermax HQ and if it works, I'd take my 6400 to them to have it installed.....
2008 JK Unlimited toad
LTC_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #4
SlimTim

Hello LTC,

I ended up working on a number of other projects this spring and have not gotten around to purchasing the programmer. He said he would guarantee a performance increase with money back so I would give him a call. I suspect he will offer you the same thing. Let us know if you decide to pull the trigger and try it.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
SlimTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTC_R View Post
I'm interested in how it goes. I am only about 2 hours from Hypermax HQ and if it works, I'd take my 6400 to them to have it installed.....
LTC - Did you ever take your 6400 over to Hypermax? I never got the programmer ordered and its the end of summer so probably not going to happen for me this year. I was really hoping you, or somebody else would pull the trigger and give a review.

Best Regards - Tim