Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-22-2017, 10:54 PM   #1
gunrock1

Default Fresh Tank, Full not registering on panel--one solution

Hey all, just throwing this out there in case anyone else has this issue. I've got a 2017 Amerilite 268bh with the fresh water tank inside. The first few trips the fresh tank sensors were working fine, then it started to get erratic. I had the dealer look at it. They said they "tightened" the nuts on the probes. it worked for a trip, then quit registering full again.

I was at a loss because it seemed the wiring and panel were testing fine. If I shorted out 1/3, 2/3, full to ground, all were reading as they should. I filled the tank and swapped full and 2/3 sensors, the tank still read 2/3's; even if I removed a lead from the 2/3's sensor. Basically, it seemed like the system thought my full lead was 2/3's, on any lead.

I shorted full to ground and it register full on the panel as I tested previously. I then noticed the nuts seemed very loose on the ground. As soon as I tightened up the ground, the full sensor started working!

I assume it has to do with resistance (the resistor pack) and a loose ground? Since these probes have no locking washer and seem to come lose, I plan on buying an extra nut and locking washer; if for anything to keep these probes from leaking. (another pro-tip when you pull off the nuts be careful, the tank starts to leak and the "probes seem to pull inside the tank). Anyway, I hope this helps anyone with similar issues or at least how to test wiring and panel. I assume if I were to have problems with the probes, it would have been due to build up on the lead in the tank and in this case, it was the fresh water and a new unit.

As a side note, my other theory was going to be a bad "resistor pack" the little black square you see all the pigtail wires going into, if this didn't work.

gunrock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9685.JPG (53.9 KB, 0 views)
gunrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:03 PM   #2
exjay

good info, thanks!