Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-23-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
ekomalley

Default Slide Issue

We have a 2004 model 6316. Our slide has stopped working. Battery's are fully charged. When pushing the button there is no sound even trying to slide. Is there a pump that operates the hydrolic slide? Nothing in the Owners manual. Thanks!
ekomalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #2
McKannick

Some of those jokers require the parking brake to be set. Tried that yet? And if hydraulic, perhaps the engine has to be running to run that pump?
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #3
vansteenburg

If the Parking brake is set, the first check I would do is make sure the levelers work first. That eliminates the hydraulic pump - the hydro pump runs BOTH slides & leveler jacks.

By the pump is a headlight relay. This controls the "interlock" between the P Brake and the slide motor. These fail as OPEN, so your slides won't work, but your leveling jacks do.

If you have voltage on 1 terminal but not any of the others, it's bad. Get a new 40A or greater headlight relay and replace. Just write the terminal numbers for each wire down or transfer one at a time. I've got a 50A on mine and it hasn't failed in 5 years.
vansteenburg is offline   Reply With Quote