Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
israndy

Default Outside shower not working

I have a 2006 Vista Cruiser MB I just bought, everything works except when I turn on the shower under the panel on the outside I hear water flowing but nothing comes out of the shower head. The head has a button or adjustment on the back of it and pressing it seems to make no difference. A few seconds later I start hearing water flowing onto the street. Turning off the shower and going around to the door reveals water all over the floor. The fixture has four screws holding it in, but will I break the pipes if I pull it out, or is this something that I can fix easily myself. I see the outside fixture on the internet for cheap, perhaps I should just order another...?

-Randy
Old 07-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
mfa

I don't have an outside shower, but it certainly sounds from your description like the pipe in the wall is already broken, perhaps from freezing in the winter...
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
israndy

Default It's the shower fixture alright, pulled it apart

Looks like someone pulled the hose too hard, it is snapped right off the pipe. I sent my iPhone in to explore the space. Not sure how to remove it from the Sprinter. I undid the 4 screws and cut thru the grout and removed the hot and cold taps, but it is still on their tight. I feel inside and it seems like I need to unhook the water pipes. The only thing left to unhook.

Guess I'll order the replacement first.

-Randy
Old 08-18-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
abc

As you said that water is not coming to your outside shower but it is flowing on the floors. This is definitely the problem of broken pipes. You may give a try by checking the internal connections(piping), if you can. If you do not have any idea about it, I will recommend an expert plumber who can find out the exact point so that you save your money because if you will try to do it yourself without knowing about it, I am sure you are going to make it tough. You must have resolved the problem till now because its been 2 months when you posted your queries. Kindly share your experience.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
israndy

Thanks for waking me up, I did finally realize that I could unscrew the hose after a guy at an RV accessory shop pointed out that almost everything in a
Gulf Stream was generic. When the shower head screwed off I realized the other end must too. Reached my hand in and eventually figured it out, and sure enough, it was broken. Generic hose sold to me by RV guy screwed right in in it's place and now the unit won't leak anymore. Disappointed that I removed the calking as I now have to figure out how to remove all the old in order to put down a clean strip of the new. Fortunately in SF the summer has yet to arrive and there is no rain in the forecast.

-Randy
Old 07-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #6
jenniferhoops

Default Re: Outside shower not working

I don't have an experience about outside shower but i think there must be a breakage in the pipe or you should check the shower screws.