Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-11-2005, 07:08 AM   #1
mtollin

Default List is so long...

All I know is it's been 5-6 months and my BTC is still going in for repairs. Pretty much you name it, I've had it. Main door won't close properly (still), plumbing from shower leaked into living area, shower curtain installed backwards, TV cables not hooked up, crack in shower skylight, tank levels wrong, Sofa bed collapsed, sqeeking overhead, dented window frames, closet hooks falling off, antenna leaks, fuse box cover wouldn't stay on, blown fuses, missing part covers, steering wheel at 90 degree angle, fresh water tank overflow, body paint came off with sticker removal, back up driver warning beeper wired to outside of RV, leaking basement doors....

My list AFTER the PDI list was arround 27 items! All but about 5 took AT least 2-3 attempts.

I think I'm back down to 5 still not repaired. It's hard to go camping when you have to put it in for repairs every other week, and I'm not kinding! When I called Gulfstream to check on weight limit on sofa bed after it fell over on my son, they couldn't answer it and never called me back with the answer.

What a shame, we like the RV, and everywhere we go people ask about it and want to see it. At this point you would think my parts would be expedited and they would pick it up and deliver it back to me just for the inconvenience. The time I have had to waste is unbelieveable and one time it was at the dealer so long we lost one of our vacations.

Dealer finally figured out the had service issues too, and has changed around some of the employees, particularly after I pointed out I had an appointment and my RV was still in the shop 6 weeks later, and then returned to me damaged. He did fix the dents, all though one basement door he broke won't close properly anymore. Guess it goes on the list.

Next time Consumer reports picks a best buy they should actually use it for a while, not take a "cherry" sent to them by the factory.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
tonigil

Default Re: List is so long...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin
All I know is it's been 5-6 months and my BTC is still going in for repairs. Pretty much you name it, I've had it. Main door won't close properly (still), plumbing from shower leaked into living area, shower curtain installed backwards, TV cables not hooked up, crack in shower skylight, tank levels wrong, Sofa bed collapsed, sqeeking overhead, dented window frames, closet hooks falling off, antenna leaks, fuse box cover wouldn't stay on, blown fuses, missing part covers, steering wheel at 90 degree angle, fresh water tank overflow, body paint came off with sticker removal, back up driver warning beeper wired to outside of RV, leaking basement doors....

My list AFTER the PDI list was arround 27 items! All but about 5 took AT least 2-3 attempts.

I think I'm back down to 5 still not repaired. It's hard to go camping when you have to put it in for repairs every other week, and I'm not kinding! When I called Gulfstream to check on weight limit on sofa bed after it fell over on my son, they couldn't answer it and never called me back with the answer.

What a shame, we like the RV, and everywhere we go people ask about it and want to see it. At this point you would think my parts would be expedited and they would pick it up and deliver it back to me just for the inconvenience. The time I have had to waste is unbelieveable and one time it was at the dealer so long we lost one of our vacations.

Dealer finally figured out the had service issues too, and has changed around some of the employees, particularly after I pointed out I had an appointment and my RV was still in the shop 6 weeks later, and then returned to me damaged. He did fix the dents, all though one basement door he broke won't close properly anymore. Guess it goes on the list.

Next time Consumer reports picks a best buy they should actually use it for a while, not take a "cherry" sent to them by the factory.
I have a 2005 BTC. I use an indepentant RV repair shop that does repairs and is approved by GS. I am pretty happy with them. I don't like going back to the dealers because since I bought mine out of the area, No local dealer will do warranty repairs. The one time I brought my Old BTC into a dealer, they had it for 11 weeks and not only did they not do the repairs but they broke other things. I brought it to GS factory and they checked everthing out and found the proof. They were charged with repairs that were never done. So GS pulled their franchise and they no longer sell GS products nor are they approved for GS repairs. In my opinion, this all worked out better, for me. But, I will say this. GS can't approve a repair if the dealer or repair shop, doesn't make them aware of it. I have already found, that when I called or emailed GS concerning repairs, (I always send a copy to the repair shop) the repair shop had not called for approval. This has happened on a few occassions. Now, that the repair shop knows how I work, they don't tell me that they are waiting on a part from GS, because they know that I will check on the order by contacting GS. I also tell the repair shop that I will bring in the BTC when they are ready to work on it. I am not leaving it sit at the shop for weeks on end with out running the engine and the generator. Dealers are harder to work with because they are overwhelmed by so many warranty repairs. Toni
BTW, check out my petition site.
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/rvprotectionact
Old 04-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
nomad

Quote:
because since I bought mine out of the area, No local dealer will do warranty repairs
If they are a GS dealer they have to do warranty work

if they don't sue them in small claims court
8000 watt Onan Generator
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
sd1209

My independent RV tech stopped doing any warranty work for GS about a year ago....They authorized to pay him for warr work then would either not pay or delay the payment over a period of months........This occurred a number of times and he finally threw in the towel.....

One of the reasons that when I upgrade in the next year or so, GS will not even be a consideration....A shame really because we like our Class A but I think we got in right under the shoddy work...But we have certainly experienced the lack of cust service by the currrent GS mgmt.........

Steve and Liz
Fallbrook, Ca
2006 Independence, 30' 3 slides....

2006 Model 8295 GS Independence
30', 3 slides, V-10
sd1209 is offline   Reply With Quote