Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
kkwil

Default have lots of money if you buy a Gulf Stream

Unfortunately I own a 2006 Gulf Stream Crescendo it has less than 14,000 miles, because we are afraid to take it anywhere bought for retirement but cannot count on this piece of quality buildmanship. We retire next year before we do we are trading this just to have peace of mind that we have something reliable built by another company. In the 6 frustrating years items below are some high level examples .
1) Both drawers in the bedroom dresser have fallen out and have been repaired. Poor design
clips that don't hold. Wood glue and new clips
2) Bathroom mirror taped on slid off poor design we repaired new mirror with clips
ourselves. Gulf Stream had offered to send a replacement for the mirror, - wow
3) Entry door glass held by plastic clips broke and window slid down in the door,
4) Outside panel on water heater flew off at 65 MPH
5) Bathroom tile curling up -
6) Right rear panel fell off - JB weld fixed this
7) We are this week replacing for the 3rd time right rear hub seals $$$$ although this last one my fault, dry rot because I am afraid to take this thing anywhere.
Recall - on Brakes -
9) Transmission pawl? brake does not hold, no warranty, poor design we can replace for 3K but
no guarantee it will not do the same but we can install a better one for 5K dealer will
guarantee
10) Slide out cable in Bedroom broke, no warranty $1800 repair
11) Outside mirrors continually fall while your driving - JB Weld fixed them
12) Toilet valve gave out on vacation, would not allow water a MH dealer had to fly part in for
repair
If you buy a Gulf stream you better have patience and not get frustrated easily.
kkwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
kkwil

Default Re: have lots of money if you buy a Gulf Stream

Well had the seals fixed, washed it, took it 95 miles up in the mountains, no issues till we parked went to let hydraulics down to allow for slide outs to go out. would not move, got under dash fuse blown 9pm in Leadville no one open campground store doesn't carry fuses. Got up early next morning drove to town was able to buy 20 amp fuse all corner store had. went back installed it hydralics went down, but slide outs would not got out checked every fuse. a 15 amp burned out drove 30 miles to another town to auto parts store get fuses. problem solved.
Head home Sunday, park to unload, company that did seals wanted it back to look at seals and see if they could do something with creeping. Unload start up brake alarm comes on listen to it for 7 miles, probably connected with the brake recall in December as we had not driven it since. Just endeared me more to it.

In regards to park brake creeping, here is dealership comments who worked on brake recall. Tech verified Hydraulic pump is running, tried to find infor on system, nothing on Freightliner side, could not find anything on Manufactures site either. will take more time to try and locate Diagnostic procedure or we will have to dissasemble unit and diagnose problem
Tech verified hyrraulic PSI is reaching power brake assembly, brake has failed, checked parts availabiitly was was directed to service solution 3602- DUE TO LARGE NUMBER OF FAILURES FREIGHTLINER STARTED CONVERTING TI A MANUAL POWER BRAKE ASSEMBLY> my cost over 5K. Both Gulfstream and Freightliner know about it, wont warranty it already have over 10K of my money in this pig,.
kkwil is offline   Reply With Quote