Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-07-2005, 12:50 PM   #1
gsadmin

Default Gotta Slide? Better check your screws...

These photos illustrate how poorly the factory installed the screws into the slide bracket on my coach. True, the dealer corrected it under warranty, but it should have never left the factory like this. Was it a definite saftey issue, no...is it sloppy and potentially a saftey issue...you bet!

- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:16 AM   #2
PETEY1

My slide is the same way. I have a 2005 Sunvoyager SE. If you think that is bad have someone run the slide in and out while you watch from underneath if it is like mine you will see the lower wall buckel from the bad mounting design. I see major problems down the road. Of course if you have a 2005 Sunvoyager you should check your tank capacities the are all way off.
PETEY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Jcmiller19380

Default Re: Gotta Slide? Better check your screws...

Just bought a 2014 Conquest. This is only the second weeken having it and had a major leak in the slide. Found the gaskets on the bottom seem to be cut or ripped and someone filled the area in with a ton of silicone! We filmed our instructional demo and I looked at the video and see that the gaskets were not cut and no silicone! They washed it after our demo and before they delivered it to us. Guess they found a leak and this was the repair attempt! Anyway, had to bring the lieder in because it was leaking so bad, well I looked underneath where the bracket mounts are and almost died when I saw the large bolts are sticking up 1/2 inches and are kind of bent!
Jcmiller19380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
joey1127

Default Re: Gotta Slide? Better check your screws...

Have a 2015 Ameri-Lite 19KD that is in the shop right now because the slide out room is out of alignment...and needs a NEW ruber roof as Gulf Stream cut it too short.

I am reading the posts on this board and I am afraid that I just made the worst mistake in buying a Gulf Stream...My trailer was delivered to me BRAND NEW on 02/28/2014 and it has been in the shop for the last month...Thanks Gulf Stream, I think the sun is about to set on this dying company.
joey1127 is offline   Reply With Quote