Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-02-2018, 12:33 PM   #11
neondon

Shop vac small tip on hose pulled another pint of water over half an hour.
Maybe a constant fan-blower would be best. More complete coating of roof
Sounds like best, along with new a/c seal, on order. What roof coating is best for fiberglass? I hear that rubber is not good for our fiberglass.
neondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #12
neondon

It appears that acrylic products are used, that don’t stay flexible in signs, where polycarbonates stand up to the sun. I wonder how that, polyester, or epoxy would work. Are we limited to acrylic, with white pigment it’s ultraviolet protection? How does a roof paint meant for fiberglass bond to silicone caulk, or self-leveling sealer? Any ideas? Don
neondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #13
Sudsy

Default My Fiberglass with Rubber Roof sealer

I am the new owner of an 05 GS Sun Voyager. It has a fiberglass roof and when I first looked at it it looked awful. I had a detailer friend come look at it and he said the fiberglass roof had been sealed with Rubber Roof sealer. It looks like hell but I really can't see it so much from the ground and not at all from where I sit. He said it didn't do any damage, The roof was resealed with Dicor before the roof sealer was applied and the dicor is under the sealer. My friend said it should last forever and it will be obvious if there is any erosion. I asked the previous owner and he admitted that a friend convinced him that "All" campers needed to be re-sealed every few years. I guess it actually has two coats. It didn't do any damage. I really don't have a picture of the roof. Getting ready to change the back-up camera and if I remember I will take a picture. Zoom in and you can see a little here.

Sudsy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-03-05 16.20.23.jpg (120.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #14
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
Sudsy,

My prior travel trailer (not a GS brand...) had a vinyl wall paper like finish to the ceiling panels similar to its walls -- not the heavier vinyl upholstery fabric with the thin foam backing as used on my 42 foot diesel pusher that I have now. I have never been inside a Sun Voyager of your vintage, but can imagine that different materials were used at various times on a range of models...

Chuck

Here's a couple close up pictures. I dropped my camera and cracked the lens cover. Trying to decide which new one to get.

Sudsy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GSheadliner1.jpg (115.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg GSheadliner2.jpg (101.4 KB, 5 views)