Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
misha

Default 2010 Gulfstream Montaj

This vehicle has been in repair 22 days and three different shops for the ac temp control. I am on the way to Fontana to get a larger reservoir because the ac fan stops when you reach 45mph and climbing. The factory informs me now, that this system is set up to work that way. So, you either get 48F or 90F temp out of the vents. When temp control is set to vent alone, the temp is 90F, even when outside temp is 60F. I say this is unacceptable. Gulfstream says there's nothing they can do to fix it. They tell me I'm the only one complaining and that tells me there must be something wrong with my Air Conditioner. I don't think anyone would put up with this.
misha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

It sounds like your heater control valve is not shutting off all the way and allowing some heated anti-freeze to flow threw the heater core when it is supposed to be shut off. That happened to mine when it was new. It would heat the air when it was supposed to be vented air only coming in.

It also heated the air causing the air conditioning not to work efficiently.

They changed the heat control valve and problem was solved.

Good Luck, Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
misha

Thanks Ron. They replaced the knob which is, I assume, the thermostat? Or, is that the heat control valve you are talking about? I have tried to learn everything to lead them by the nose, but they seem to feel, it's normal for this ac to not have much control when you turn the knob. They just aren't getting it, or they don't want to. I can't give up, because I live in the desert and can't have heat on top of the heat.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

On my coach, Evans is the manufacturer of the heater and air unit. The name is on the plastic cover under the "hood" covering the unit. If yours is also manufactured by Evans, then I would give them a call and explain what is happening. Evans actually fixed mine when we were at a rally they attended.

On mine the heat control valve is in the hose that supplies the hot anti freeze to the heater and is located very near the heater core under the "hood".

Of course we have a CAT diesel rear engine, so gas chassis might be different.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
misha

Thanks Ron, They tell me the control releases water and this particular ac control sometimes does not have much room between cold and hot, due to the amount of water?? Anyway, I want to ask them why when the control is on vent and the temp outside is 75, why the air coming out of the vent is 90. If I turn the control all the way to coldest while it is on vent it will cool off some around 80. I didn't thiink the temp should even change when you are on vent. P.S. The AC company went out of business.lol Wouldn't ya know and they said, there is no other ac that will fit this rv.