Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class B+
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-29-2023, 05:12 PM   #1
RVingagain

Wink Rear View Display Noise

I have a 2023 BT cruiser 5420B with side cameras and in place of the rear view mirror on the windshield is the display monitor and it has a small speaker in the back. Everytime I use the left blinker there is a noise like a raspy alarm that comes from that speaker everytime the regular turn signal noise is heard. Right side no extra noise but the Ford dealer just confirmed it is not a Ford warranty issue but rather something on the Gulfstream side. Anyone having/had a similar issue?
RVingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 12:10 AM   #2
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

After fighting VIDEO NOISE on camera for 3+yrs, multiple cameras, (thinking IGN related, bc was worse with engine running= wrong), finally found

a POOR B+ CONNECTION to receiver in an added POWER PLUG harness feeding wireless receiver was the cause.

The culprit was a counterfeit SCOTCHLOCK CONNECTOR on tiny 22ga. wire to the plug.

The CURE was new plug harness with heavier wire and CRIMP CONNECTORS. Good Luck
Old 10-04-2023, 04:02 PM   #3
RVingagain

Smile Thanks for the reply

Thanks for sharing THenne1713, it helped me find a solution that works for me. I started by unplugging the left side camera and the noise stopped and when I plugged it back in the noise remained gone but came back the next morning. While investigating I also checked all three cameras (left, right, rear) and found that only the rear had a microphone and the sound was faint so I checked the display and found that I could turn down the left and right camera volumes (no microphone anyway) while turning up the rear camera which solved the issues.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:51 AM   #4
GulfstreamBTCruiser

Hello,

I am having a similar issue but have not been able to find where I can disconnect the wire and reconnect it. I have a BT Cruiser 5255. If anyone knows where the junction box is, that would be great help. I have cameras on the right, left, and back up that occasionally turn off unexpectedly. I am assuming it is a bad switch, wire, or fuse that is causing the issue.
GulfstreamBTCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 09:31 AM   #5
RVingagain

I found a plugin connection within inches of the left camera but once I realized my side cameras did not have microphones I turned my focus. If you are having trouble with all three camera video feeds one at a time or all are cutting out at the same time you might try the connection at the display or the display itself could be having an issue. Perhaps there are Websites that discuss trouble shooting the display that might help. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfstreamBTCruiser View Post
Hello,

I am having a similar issue but have not been able to find where I can disconnect the wire and reconnect it. I have a BT Cruiser 5255. If anyone knows where the junction box is, that would be great help. I have cameras on the right, left, and back up that occasionally turn off unexpectedly. I am assuming it is a bad switch, wire, or fuse that is causing the issue.
Old 10-09-2023, 10:35 AM   #6
THenne1713

FYI, Generally, power loss/ bad power connection to camera or monitor will give black screen, but bad connection on video cable will give blue screen, or "VIDEO LOSS" message, if this helps?
Old 10-09-2023, 06:54 PM   #7
THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVingagain View Post
I found a plugin connection within inches of the left camera but once I realized my side cameras did not have microphones I turned my focus. If you are having trouble with all three camera video feeds one at a time or all are cutting out at the same time you might try the connection at the display or the display itself could be having an issue. Perhaps there are Websites that discuss trouble shooting the display that might help. Good luck.
(MY Understanding/ experience)= when you have multi-camera inputs that display at same time, the individual cameras input into a device called a MULTIPLEXER, which them outputs to the MONITOR