Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Kimbo

Default Upgrading motor for Supernova 6372 bed slide (lift)?

Has anyone modified or upgraded the motor for the power bed lift (slide)? I have a Supernova 6372 and looking for suggestions for upgrading the bed slide. It seems like the bed slide is unpowered and needs to be assisted to work and get the bed folded up. We probably have not helped the situation since we have upgraded the mattress ? which is now heavier than the original. I think I remember seeing a post about someone tackling this but cannot find the information now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
schmittm

Any reply or did find anything out. In have the same problem and need to know how to get better motors for the bed lift. Thanks
Old 06-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #3
dmeske

Also looking to see if anyone has tackled this problem yet. I am planning on taking the bed apart to remove the carpet and put in new flooring and would like to fix this underpowered motor issue as well.
dmeske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
SlimTim

I had my bed slide apart a couple of years ago and if I recall the Manufacturer’s name was on the slide mechanism. I called the company and they were very helpful and knowledgeable on the Gulfstream Supernova applications. I believe the person I spoke with told me the mechanism is actually from a reclining couch and GS modified it for the bed. I also don’t think they offered an alternative high power motor for it. I also seem to recall the cable that connects to the motor is the weak point in the system; meaning if you put a bigger motor on the system you are just going to damage the cable.

A did a couple things to my mechanism that seemed to help:

Lube the cable with some good cable lube. This will reduce the friction in the cable as well as quite the system.

Lube the gears on the end of the cable and on the bed frame.

Adjust the head of the bead so it does not go completely flat. When you look at how the system works you will see when the bed is completely flat the cable has a very bad pull/screw angle. If you keep the head of the bed slightly up it has a much better pull/screw angle and can start moving the bead much easier.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote