Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
JeffnTam

Default DONE!!!!

Well I'm done. Our partnership wit GS lasted 6 months. 1st major problem, bedroom slide got stuck in the out position, cracked the side of the unit. I had to get slide back in, so dealer could come pick it up. He repaired it, brought it back, crack re appeared on the trip back. Told driver to turn right around and bring it back. GS would not replace the whole side. They got it right the second time around. 2nd MAJOR problem. while putting out one of the slide's, the topper over the slide just fell off, ripping topper, damaging slideout side. I had to repair. 3rd MAJOR problem. Landing gear, gears were so badly stripped, that the hand crank would not even help. This happened 2 days before a 10 day vacation. Called GS, and was told "sorry about your bad luck, we cannot help you" Called dealer, told them I would be there the next morning (5hrs away)and the will fix it. Pulled into the dealer lot,not a single GS unit on there. I told them I was done, let them repo it for all I care. Dealer told me, we do not deal in GS no more. Not support, and too many problems. So I took a HUGE loss ( IMHO ) and purchased a new 5th wheel with a better reputation, and build.
I would not be surprised to see that GS has gone bankrupt/closed it doors. I have nothing good to say about GS, there customer service people, there product, nothing.
So I guess this is GOOD BYE GULFSTREAM.......................
Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
ken white

Default Re: DONE!!!!

I was almost to the point you were, and I 100% understand. Good luck with your new unit and enjoy the rest of your summer...

Ken