Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Nanaeve

Default Is anyone at GS Home?

Took our 09 Endura/ International literally came home from sales and went to service. Has been there 4 weeks today, still waiting on GS to take care of it. Had the rig since Feb 16 and its been in service center for 4 weeks, leaks like a sieve in both slide outs, no word from GS AT ALL. It sits there, we make storage and coach payments and it just sits waiting for GS to do something. I have sent 2 registered letters to GS Service and no replys, No e-mails, no phone calls, NOTHING! Think the next call will be to an attorney, maybe they will make a call to us then. What Gives? Are they going Bankrupt, because this kind of service can't be something that make for a company to survive!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

I am a little confused as what your dealer is doing???

Your dealer has the responsibility to contact Gulf Stream and get authorization/guidance for repairs that are needed on a new coach under warranty.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
Nanaeve

Default Is anyone at GS Home? Part 2

Our dealer, we have found out is in Chapter 11, and may not have been an authorised dealer at the time they made the sale. Thats a whole nother' story, as the saying goes. The unit is at an Gulf Stream refered repair center and they say that they are not getting replys / authorizations from GS to do the needed work, so there it sits. I'm going to get the State of California New Vehicle Division of the Consumer Affairs Department involved as it qualifies under the California Lemon Law and there may have been some fraud involved in the sale by the dealer. so there may be some criminal action on the part of the dealer, but thats still to be determined. We like the unit design, but with all the water thats been in the coach are conserned about mold, wood problems and future problems, the biggest rub has been no response from GS of any form in over a month 1/2 now. They just don't seem to care, seems like if it was a Class A they have a good response, but not a Class C, atleast what we see from this forum.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
Marge

Default Dealer

Sounds like you need a new dealer or service center. I had a hard time getting contact with anyone at GS also. I emailed Scott Pullin, VP of operations at [email protected]..He made contact with the West Coast Rep. who in turn contacted me and my dealer the next day.