Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #1
[email protected]

Default Nothing electrical

Newbe here.
I have a 2003 GS Independence 29' gas rv. Had it camping, ready to leave and no a/c, slides, apparently no fuel pump. Engine turns but no gas. Generator starts but no power on appliances. Everything apparently works when jumped from a battery (except appliances of course). Shoreline is plugged into camper circuit. Any clues appreciated. I've checked a/c distribution under hood. Breaker on battery main cable, in vehicle fuse block. Two slide inline fuses. No fuses blown (of course in inverter). Where is the panel I am missing?
gilbertd@windstream.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:54 AM   #2
Frutza

check your transfer switch
Old 07-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #3
[email protected]

Where is it please and what does it look like?
Old 07-25-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
Frutza

Mine is located under the bed, but yours is a gasser. It will be feeding your breaker boxes, I can't find a flow chart right now, but, your shore power cord and generator feed into it and it switches from one to the other then power out to your breaker box or surgeguard, if you have one, but should be close to breaker box. It has to relays inside, with ALL power off you can see if the relays are stuck, they sometimes arc together, you should be able to stroke them aliitle and they will spring back, or check for power in and out with a meter
Old 07-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
KRoseVideo

I had problem with my 12 volt circuits as I was getting ready for a trip in my BT 5211. Problem was that one of my wires in the House Battery compartment had bumped one of the Buss Breakers in the Battery Compartment. There are three breakers in mine, mounted on the wall of the battery compartment. I reset all three of the breakers so I am not sure which one was the offending actor, but after re-setting all 3, my 12 Volt circuits worked.
My Refrigerator (Dometic 6 Cu Ft?) needs the 12 volt circuit to control it, even when it is plugged into shore power (110 AC). Hence, my Refrigerator that was not working, started working just fine.
Also, Ford dealer found a 5 amp in-line fuse hiding along a wire from the battery to the solenoid under the hood that had blown. Replaced it an then solenoid acted to have the vehicle generator charge up the house batteries as we drove.
--------------------
Roy ... ... ... KRoseVideo ... ... ... ... ... 25-JUNE-2017
KRoseVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:02 PM   #6
[email protected]

Thanks so much. I'll try this.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
Mine is located under the bed, but yours is a gasser. It will be feeding your breaker boxes, I can't find a flow chart right now, but, your shore power cord and generator feed into it and it switches from one to the other then power out to your breaker box or surgeguard, if you have one, but should be close to breaker box. It has to relays inside, with ALL power off you can see if the relays are stuck, they sometimes arc together, you should be able to stroke them aliitle and they will spring back, or check for power in and out with a meter
Thank you. Will try this. Again thanks.