Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
dsomonster

Default ACE SuperRide Question

Alright guys, what is the normal air loss for this unit on our RV's. I've never really watched it before since it sits in storage and when I pickup the bags are deflated. However, I took the rig out for a 3 day weekend and found that after @ 24 hours the bags deflated to almost 30lbs psi. I have it set at 100psi.

I sprayed soapy water to see if I could spot any leaks on the bags but they look to be solid. I start the rig up and the compressor kicks on and after a few minutes I am back at 100psi and the compressor stops. I sat there for a couple of hours and the bags did not seem to deflate.

Any thoughts on this. I really do appreciate it. Where is TexasTC when you need him. Oh yeah, he is driving a new moho!

-Ron in SoCal
Old 01-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
boatguy

Default Re: ACE SuperRide Question

Ours does the same thing hasn't been a problem in 20thosand miles. It doesn't take much of a leak to drop pressure its such a small system.one blast off the air horn drops the tank to almost empty.
boatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Texas TC

Since the system is an active system, the valve that controls the proper amount of air pressure between the bags is designed to release air. Mine would routinely leak down overnight but hold the air when traveling so I never worried about it.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Happy trails.

TxTC

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
dsomonster

Boatguy,
Much thanks for the feedback. I was just a bit worried over that. 20k miles...Damn you drive it like every weekend? I wish I had the time. I drive @ 250 miles, park and live it up for 3 days at a time and then drive back. Thanks for making me feel better about the system. Phil and Dave at ACE could not give me a straight answer.

TexasTC,
Somehow I had a feeling you would chime in. You have been missed...along with the others who have moved on to other rigs. How is the new moho treating you? I hope all is well!

-Ron in SoCal
Old 01-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Texas TC

I have put about 6000 miles on the new coach. We really love the amenities and systems on the Winnebago along with the power of the 340 hp Cummins. This DEF engine is getting me between 9 and 10 mpg depending on terrain and I have not slowed down my driving style. I am still trying to learn some of the systems but each trip tends to get me better acquainted with things I have not had before.

The SuperNova is still the best driving coach I have owned. However, the quality and ride of the class A makes up for some of what I miss. I stayed away from Class A coaches for several years preferring to drive a truck chassis rather than a bus. However, to get a Class C with the same quality and systems that are offered in my Winnebago, I would have had to spend a lot more money and go to a truck conversion. Retirement income just wouldn't allow me to take that step.

Good luck to all of you. I check in from time to time but it does not seem to be as active as in the past.

TxTC

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
dsomonster

Tex,
The traffic has slowed since you bailed on us! Just kidding. I am glad you are enjoying the new rig. We are still loving the Supernova. I will be looking to squeeze more torque out of the VT365, but that seems to be a far fetched plan.

Will keep y'all posted.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
boatguy

A couple of trips across country adds up the miles fast.I also checked out the toilet it is a thetford.
boatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
dsomonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatguy
A couple of trips across country adds up the miles fast.I also checked out the toilet it is a thetford.
Boatguy,
Did you ever end up selling the Nova? If so, what are you driving now?

After everything you did upgrading the Nova, I am sure you are driving some top dollar machine. Send pics!!!