Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #1
JIMNINA

Default Fuse Blocks Galore

We have a 2003 Gulf Stream Yellowstone that I'm trying to determine what all of the fuse blocks go to.
It looks like there are about 13 fuse blocks and/or circuit blocks. Some are marked while others aren't. Does any one have a contact of where we might find a wiring diagram for the cabinet. This is the compartment on the drivers side front of the RV.
Thanks
jim,
JIMNINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:02 AM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

Hi Jim,

Are we talking 12 volt house fuses? I'm going to try to attach a picture of my circuit map, and also a contact passed around here to try to get such things.

Honestly, the previous owner of my MH did get prints from GS, but they weren't exact. I still had to map my circuits, and I recommend everyone do this anyway. It is just a good idea so you get to know YOUR coach better.

What do I mean by mapping? Well, turn stuff on, pull a fuse and see what stopped! Really. You can start by looking at my 12 circuit list to get an understanding of how they generally tried to wire it. If you have an extra circuit(s), it could be to slide motor controls or something else. Just play detective.

Here is how I do it... First, I turn off the propane, and I leave it off throughout the procedure if possible. Now, I take pictures of the fuse block and labels before pulling anything, or write everything down, so you know where everything went once you start pulling 'em. Next, I get an actual plastic fuse puller. They often come with extra fuse packs from the auto parts store, or are in the fuse panel of cars and trucks, etc. These really grab on to the fuses like they should, and they won't conduct current to me if I do something bad. Now, I'll just start mapping. Maybe start with the stuff that is labeled and confirm... say the water pump. Pump on, faucet cracked so pump is pumping, then I pull the fuse. Did the pump shut off? Note it. I continue on until I know what all of those fuses do.

***Before I put any fuses back, I turn off the 12 volt shut off switch (salesman switch) to kill all of the 12 volt power going to the fuse block so there is no chance of sparking or arcing. Then, I put back the fuses where they go assuring correct and firm seating, before turning the 12 volt power back on.***

Finally, you can try “Milly” @GS and give make, model and vin# and she may be able get you the correct prints. (574-773-7761 x3406)

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20170312_026c.jpg (522.9 KB, 15 views)
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:43 PM   #3
JIMNINA

Hi Leisure Time Larry,
Thanks for the response to my question. Yes, I was asking about the 12V, but I wasn't sure if that was the only voltage in that compartment. A couple of the blocks are labeled but not all of them. I did see where the wires look like they have writing on them so once I get a magnifying glass I might be able to read them
Old 11-20-2018, 11:53 PM   #4
Sudsy

Default Labels

Millie sent me copies of the placards that go by each Fuse Panel, Relay Panel and individual relays. I printed two copies. Laminated one copy over the old worn out ones (made it easy to identify) and keep the other copy in my maintenance books. If I blow a fuse I cane scan thru the file copies and that leads me to the right panel.

I think Millie said that 2003 was the cutoff for the records that GS has on Class A's.

Sudsy
Old 11-24-2018, 08:27 PM   #5
JIMNINA

Hi Sudsy,
Thanks for the reply and information on the fuses. Leisure Time Larry had mentioned Millie as well.
When we get back home I'll give her a call.
Thanks again
Old 11-25-2018, 06:32 PM   #6
jd625

Default Fuses

Your post compelled me to do some wintertime housekeeping. I was in that compartment this summer because the porchlight had blown a fuse and I had to resort to a circuit tracer to find the fuse location. We have a 2007 Gulfstream Yellowstone, yours may not be the exact same layout. I took the time tonight to rewrite the behind the driver side compartment fuseblock label (see attached pdf). The original was nearly impossible to make out. I'm sure some of the wire colors are wrong, and likely some of the wire gauges, but I hope it helps. The 30A fuses were not called out on the label, and I don't know what they are for off hand. Also, no matter how I oriented it offline, it keeps reorienting it when posted. The bottom right corner is D1. The top left is A13. I also attached the interior 12V fuseblock and label (far more legible!). Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outside.jpg (173.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg outside label.jpg (246.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg inside.jpg (214.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg inside label.jpg (143.2 KB, 19 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf compartment fuseblock.pdf (115.0 KB, 23 views)
jd625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:20 AM   #7
JIMNINA

jd625
Thanks for the pdf and photos.
Old 07-25-2022, 10:25 AM   #8
BigBoyAl

Sudsy - I purchased a 2003 Gulf Stream Yellowstone Country Club last fall and was wondering if it would be possible to have you send me copies of the fuse placards you said you got from Milly? I am in need of fuse locations, can't get 12 volt power to control board on fridge to run it. Also, do you know if fridge fuses are only located in front basement compartment on drivers side or are there some inside the coach as well?
BigBoyAl is offline   Reply With Quote