Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
lockdoc

Default Would you be willing to fly with me????

Hi there fellow Gulfstream owners!

My wife and I are just two years from being empty nesters and looking forward to the possibilities that await our futures. My question for you today is geared to helping me poll the forum and help me decide if this would maybe be one option to help us fulltime in a few years.

I fly a powered parachute and am a licensed pilot with EAA. I give training introductory flights for a fee. I have given flights to folks who have jumped out of planes and been flown above boats with parachutes and come from all walks of life young and old. Every one of them has had a blast in the powered parachute. So the question is: how many of you might be interested in checking out the scenes from above in the back seat? These things fly slow at about 35 mph on a calm day and you have a good while to soak in the visuals from above that I think that might be what makes it so special. Of course floating like a bird is fun all by itself! I have communication gear so pilot and passenger (student Pilot) can talk back and forth so it makes the flight better too. If you are into music, I can even pipe that into the headset for you.

So what do you think? Would this type of adventure appeal to you? For a more in depth look into it you are welcome to check out my website at www.lite-flight.com

Thanks for you feedback. I figure that this would beat workcamping to assist us in fulltiming.

Kevin
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
Timothy

Sounds like fun to me! Great website too, I think you could make a go of it but you would have to be in the right location. If you give me a test ride I might be able to be more subjective
Congratulations on the new Sedona! It may be my next trailer too.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:55 PM   #3
lockdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy
Sounds like fun to me! Great website too, I think you could make a go of it but you would have to be in the right location. If you give me a test ride I might be able to be more subjective
Congratulations on the new Sedona! It may be my next trailer too.
Thanks for the reply! I have the ability to be portable with the powered parachute (PPC) so location isn't too big of a problem! I am going to look over the Sedona real good to see if I think I can add a receiver to the back to pull the PPC trailer. It doesn't weight too much as far as tongue weight so I might chance it. GS will void my frame warranty if I do though so will have to be real sure about it forehand!

Thanks again.

Kevin
Old 05-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

Sounds like fun to me to. I might be willing to give it a go depending on the area the flight would be over. The cost is a little high for me but that is probably because I put all my extra money into the RV . If I was at a senic area I think it might be worth it. Good luck and Happy Camping.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #5
lockdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSoul
Sounds like fun to me to. I might be willing to give it a go depending on the area the flight would be over. The cost is a little high for me but that is probably because I put all my extra money into the RV . If I was at a senic area I think it might be worth it. Good luck and Happy Camping.
Flying in the PPC is a time that you would never forget! I agree that it should be somewhere scenic though. I fly here in the flatland all the time and it gets almost boring to me, but my back seaters don't seem to mind!

One of the most fun times I had with it was two years ago at Christmas when I dresses up as Santa and flew around waving at all the shoppers on Christmas Eve! It was a blast! I had a coule of vehicle almost wreck when the driver did a double take though so I had to leave the area of the highway.