Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Walldo

Default Slide Toppers

Does anyone know how much tension/wind's the main slide topper takes. It is 22' long and 26" deep. I am asking because that thing will take off like a kite even with the lightest wind. I have been unable to find anything on Dometic's web site. Will give customer service a call to see what they say, just wondered if anyone has come across this in the past. Thanks, Walldo
Old 06-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
Georunner

I'd sure like that info myself. I have tried to figure out how to retension the toppers and have failed to find any info on how to do it. We live in Colorado, lots of wind, and are from Montana, lots of wind and over time the toppers have lost tension.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Walldo

Well after a lot of research, I have found that the easiest way would be to pin the barrel with the slide all the way out, then pull the slide in about 18", leaving the fabric laying on the top of the slide, then take the barrel mounts off of the slide and wind the fabric back on the barrel at least 2 turns, then remount everything, remove the pins from the barrel and check the tension. A&E says 13 winds is what it was set to. But after time the springs lose tension. I am just waiting for a day with out wind.... to give it a try. Walldo