Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-11-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
harleyridr81

Default dc connection to lp furnace 2005 gulfstream coach camper

the wiring was unhooked when I bought the camper. it has a white and a blue and the thermostat wire coming out of the wall . currently a yellow from heater is connected to the white coming thru wall the rest are disconnected. it has 2 blue wires and a red coming from heater that are not connected . the side of the heater says blue are thermostat wires, red +12 v dc, and yellow -12 v dc . does it matter which of the 2 blue hook to thermostat there are 2 wires from thermostat and is the white coming from wall the -12v and the blue +12v any help appreciated.
harleyridr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:14 AM   #2
Sudsy

I just reinstalled the furnace in my 05 and I hookef both blue wires to the blue coming from the furnace. I have two thermostats.

We just used the furnace for the first time last week. I initially thought the two blue wires were from each thermostat. I seems that my forward thermostat closest to the furnace controls the furnace. I also installed cheap basic digital thermostats.

Sudsy
Old 12-28-2018, 05:29 AM   #3
Big Shasta

Maybe these will help. They are the stock duotherm connections but I replaced them with a Honeywell non programmable house thermostats. I did lose the high/low fan. I spliced the hi fan wire in so it just always runs on high.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20180929_111708.jpg (122.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20180929_111701.jpg (158.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-25-2019, 03:16 PM   #4
harleyridr81

The wires are still connected to my thermostat i need to know about the connection to the furnace.i have 2 blue wires one marked with ++++,the other blue isnt marked. 1 red wire +12v.1 yellow wire -12v. The white is hooked to the yellow. The red and 2 blues are unhooked. My thermostat wires are red - hot,green - ground, white- furnace, blue -hi fan, brown- fan.there is 1 blue wire coming from wall and a brown thermostat wire that has a red and a white in it.
harleyridr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #5
Restorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyridr81 View Post
The wires are still connected to my thermostat i need to know about the connection to the furnace.i have 2 blue wires one marked with ++++,the other blue isnt marked. 1 red wire +12v.1 yellow wire -12v. The white is hooked to the yellow. The red and 2 blues are unhooked. My thermostat wires are red - hot,green - ground, white- furnace, blue -hi fan, brown- fan.there is 1 blue wire coming from wall and a brown thermostat wire that has a red and a white in it.
You need the instructions that come with the thermostat for that. Or buy a new one and follow the instructions.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:08 PM   #6
Sudsy

Have you removed (disconnected) the furnace and are re-installing it? I did that as you can see. I had two blue wires at the furnace. Marked and reconnected them. I think the two blue wires were actually hi and lo speed for the fan but I am not certain. When I put the lower end (furnace) back in I thought the blue wires went to the front and rear thermostats in my coach. I have since learned that the front thermostat is the only one that controls the heat. That leads me to the fan theory.

Sudsy
Old 07-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #7
Restorium

Like this one has the wiring diagram included;

https://www.campingworld.com/analog-...BoC7xQQAvD_BwE
Old 07-25-2019, 04:18 PM   #8
Restorium

If it's a suburban here are the schematics with the color codes;
http://www.bdub.net/manuals/Suburban_Service_Manual.pdf