Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
Johnny Williams

Default MAKO

I very seldom see anything about the Makos, does this mean they are that good.... or that not that many were made. Ours is a 2010 model and we love it. We have had no major issues with the 5er. The worst PITA was have to adjust the slide my self after the dealer pretty much said live with it. All of the storage is great and we love all of the living room. I only wish we had double pane windows, but hey, you cant have every thing. Buy the way I am new here but have gleaned LOTSA information so far.
Johnny Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: MAKO

Johnny, Welcome to the GSowners.com forum!!

I can't comment at all about the Mako 5th wheel since I am not familar with them. It sounds like it is filling your needs and requirements so that is what matters.
We used to have 5th wheels and really used them in all our travels. When we used to camp in cold weather, down to 10 degrees, I used to put winter plastic over some the windows,
the kind that one uses a double sided tape to stick to the window frame and then use a hair dryer to shrink the plastic to make it tight.
Really made a difference in the cold coming in, especially the window above the head of the bed.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
Johnny Williams

The plastic is what I was thinking of doing. Thanks Ron.
Johnny Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
NEWRV'er

Does anyone still use this site?
Just bought a 2006 Mako Bunkhouse.
The tank lights seem to stick on empty. Is there an easy fix to this or is it just a waste to bother with?
Is there somewhere I can get the plumbing plan for this machine. I would like to understand how the black tank valve in the front empties both hoses for the bathroom in the front and back.
I have never owned an RV before and am experiencing a fun learning curve with the plumbing on this thing.
NEWRV'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
TUPFAM

Most tank indicators are inaccurate. Usually they will indicate more than what is in the tank due to stuff sticking to the probes. You can replace them with aftermarket probes, I have read of several people having better luck with the aftermarket probes. I haven't ever seen a plumbing schematic for an RV. I would think all black water would dump into a single tank and the valve empties that tank. The sink drains and shower drains usually drain into 1 (sometimes 2) tank(s) and there will be a separate valve for that tank(s). Some systems also route SOME greywater into the black tank.