Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
mrstator

Default Got the Visa 19ERD!!

We picked up our Visa 19ERD 2011 on Thursday and brought it home...amazingly it fit under our carport where we have been enjoying looking at it and going in it, and showing it off...Next weekend we plan to take it out for the first time and I can hardly wait...I love it already and it's only been in the driveway.
mrstator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #2
toaobigal

Default Re: Got the Visa 19ERD!!

Congratulations! We leave with ours in 1 hour for our first trip.
toaobigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
KristinU

Congratulations! What a coincidence that you both took delivery of the same model on the same day! Happy camping!

2012 Visa 23BHD
2007 Toyota Tundra
My camping party: Me ('71), DH ('70), DS ('04), DK9 ('11)
https://www.visaadventures.blogspot.com
https://www.visacampers.proboards.com
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
DonMitsu

Send a message via AIM to DonMitsu

Congratulations
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
chuck9997

I have been looking at the 19ERD.. Saw the camper in person last week.. Be sure and post updates on how you like you VISA. I was especially intrigued by the floorplan. Although it isnt as "open spaced" as the other models.. it doesn't look like every other camper on the market. I kinda like the divided room feeling. I like how you can open the bathroom door.. and it actually becomes a door to close the front (kitchen) area off. When showering and dressing.. i would use the door to make more room for privacy in the open bedroom, bath and toilet area.

Let me know how you like this feature.. or do you think it makes the camper feel small?
chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
toaobigal

The bathroom door is a feature I like very much. There is also a curtain in the bedroom so you can isolate the bathroom area from the kitchen and the bedroom. We upgraded our PUP for this floorplan and to us, it feels huge. Before we bought this trailer, we checked what the competition was offering and after the RV show, we knew what we wanted. We checked R-pods, Mpgs and Fun finders and that's the flooplan we like.
toaobigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:33 PM   #7
kim

We have had our ERD Vintage for over a year and love the layout. We especially like that one person can get up earlier, close the door off to the bedroom, make coffee, watch TV and not wake up the sleeper. We also love that you can close the door, shower, get dressed and not have to close all your curtains and shades. Also, faciliates someone using the toilet, or brushing teeth, while someone showers, without bumping elbows if you want to get out of the shower.l Plus you have room to step out of the shower, into the bedroom area and get dressed, in private. We pretty much leave the bedroom curtains closed the entire time we're in camp.

Kitchen works great, some lack of counter space, but table is reasonably large enough to accomodate our toaster, coffee maker, napkin holder and leave space for food prep and there is more than enough space for two people to spread out and read, or share a meal. Cabinet storage works out well, just need to take only the necessities and we've been out for a month at a time. You'll need to shop for milk and bread, so just learn to shop and not stock up, as we often do in our homes, which often results in food waste anyway.

Closets on the side of the bed, are a little short, so cloths can get wrinkled on the bottom. We solved that with a tension rod in the shower stall. We hand some cloths there and just lay them on the bed, when we need to shower. Works great and you won't have to wear wrinkled clothing. Storage above works well, we do use bins so cloths don't fall all over and we fill them up in the house, carry them out stacked, so it works great. Inexpensive clear plastic bins, which I think I bought at the dollar store. One for socks, one for undies, one for PJ's -- and such. Each of us have 4 that fit across the cabinet, so you're not shuffling through undies, to look for socks.

I did buy camping pot/pans set, so the handles come off and don't take up space in the cabinet above the sink. I use the storage above the sink/stove and it stores a lot of stuff, but you might need a small folding stool, which we store under the bed.

We are very happy with our ERD. Happy camping
kim is offline   Reply With Quote