Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul
Default How many of you fulltime in your GS

I'm just curious, how many of you are fulltiming in your Gulf Streams? This is also an attempt at livining up this slow forum What do you like about the rig you have as far as fulltiming? Also please mention what type of rig you are using.
We hope to fulltime someday after the boys (16 & 14) graduate high school. So we bought the Crescendo which has large tanks and great CCC plus a washer/dryer and all the other toys we thought we would need for full timing. We will probably not fulltime as soon as we want to but will take longer and longer RV vacations until the day we can.
We are relatively young...ok we are pretty young 35 me and 33 the wonderful wife. So the Crescendo maybe on the old side when we hit the road, but thats ok to us.
Feel free to post if you are also hopeful of going fulltime someday.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
justlizz

Hi TSoul I would love to fulltime but we are in the UK and still got kids at home We do love to go away for a few days every month and we spend at least 6weeks in France and Spain every year and we hope to visit Portugal later this year so far we have spent 22 nights away this year
I to would love the forum to speed up a bit as I am all for more information as 5th wheels are very rare in the UK I have to rely on American sites for hints and tips
I have an Amerilite 21fms
lizz
Old 03-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
gsadmin

First of all, the way to get this forum moving faster than it already has (which by the way it has picked up quite a bit in the last three months) is to tell everyone you know with a GS rig about it. Everytime you have a casual conversation or email with another GS owner, mention it!

As far as fulltiming goes, both my mother ('96 Safari Sahara DP) and my father & step-mother ('98 Discovery DP) full time. My mom has being doing it solo for the last three years and my Dad just started last year. I guess you could say we are a "Class A" family
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
TSoul

Thank you for your replies. I had no idea that a 5th wheel would be usable in Europe. That is so cool, what do you tow with? I love the class a family line.
I wish my parents where into it. Unfortunately they look at me and our new MH and think I lost my mind. Any mention of going fulltime in the future and they think we are posessed by demon gypsye spirits, lol. There loss.
I know I am making memories for my sons that will be important to them after they are grown up. These memories will also be important to there step-mom and I when we look back on these precious years. Sorry for my spelling I haven't figured out the spell check in this forum yet.
I hope no one minds me posting extra topics as I think of them. I would like to see more activitey in the GS forum. Unlike other forums I feel a little more kinship with others with the same brand as I have. After all we all made the right choice or the same mistake depending how you look at it. :P
Old 03-13-2006, 03:56 PM   #5
TSoul

I would like to add that I do pass this website on to others as much as possible. It is a great idea and I do my best at it.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:08 PM   #6
justlizz

TSoul we tow with a British spec Ford Ranger and as it is only 24ft long it is very useable in the UK there are a lot of large motor homes and some of them are toooooooo big to get into our small sites but they turn up at showes and various events
lizz
Old 03-13-2006, 05:14 PM   #7
gsadmin

thats gotta be a sight...a right-hand drive class-A!!!
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
Old 03-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #8
justlizz

There are lots of left and right handed motor homes but the big ones are imported as they stand from USA and they cost mega even my little 5er cost more than double the price you would pay
lizz
Old 03-13-2006, 05:43 PM   #9
gsadmin

i can't even begin to imagine driving a left-hand drive 30+-footer on some of those small roads.
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
Old 03-14-2006, 03:38 AM   #10
RV Wizard

Somehow I have missed this post til now. We have been full timing in our Scenic Cruiser now for four years. We would like to do more traveling and not only seeing more of the country but meeting all of you. Good luck to all of you and keep it on the correct side of the road; which ever that happens to be!
iRV2.com -Gulf Stream Owners Forum Leader
2000 Scenic Cruiser
99 Chevy Silverado 4 X 4 Toad
2006 Saturn Vue AWD Toad
NASCAR #3 & #8
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote