Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #1
dancote

Default Oh My. Where do I begin?

Please don't misconstrue this post. We really like our GS motorhome. The company and its support leave a lot to be desired.

On the 1st of April as we were heading down to the Florida Keys, the motor home was hit by a driver trying to pass traffic on the other side of the road, He side-swiped us from front to back down the driver's side then plowed head on into the car behind us. Ironically, his license plate reads "CHIL OUT". The motorhome was not driveable and spent 5 days in a tow company's yard in the Keys waiting for our insurance company to make arrangements. It was then towed to Ft. Lauderdale for repairs . We anticipated 3-4 weeks minimum before we'll be back on the road, having already wasted 5 days in the Keys.

The good news was that neither of us was hurt so other than spending money at a prodigious rate, all' was well for the moment. Spent 5 days at a place in Marathon Key and moved to Ft. Lauderdale so we could be near the repair facility. Not easy (or inexpensive) finding temporary lodging that accepts pets there.

The repair faiclity in Ft. Lauderdale began working with GS even before the coach arrived at their site, ordering parts diagrams, etc. By April 19th they had received everything they needed from other suppliers and some piece parts from GS and had completed all the repairs they could accomplish before the remainder arrived.

I contacted GS by e-mail to explain the situation and asked for some priority in expediting the remaining parts. I got a nice e-mail reply from Customer Service that gave me hope that our wait would soon be over.

I couldn't have been more wrong. subsequent phone calls and e-mails to Customer Service and the Gulfstreamers club were ignored.

Bottom line is that we were in a hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale until the last week of May waiting for GS to deliver the final parts (all the dirver's side compartment doors) so the repair could be completed

We're out nearly 2 months of our lives, over $8,000.00 out-of pocket and never so much as a "Sorry" from GS.

Still love the coach but will never buy GS again.

Dan

2002 Gulstream Yellowstone Country Club "GETAWAY"
2003 Suzuki XL-7 "JUSTUNI"
2003 SUzuki Burgman on a CruiserLift
dancote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #2
coolchas11

Sorry to read about your accident and repair experience. It does seem like GS should have moved mountains to complete the job.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

Dan,

Would you telling us the year and model of your coach?

You can put the information about it in your signature in your profile and it will always be on every post so you don't have to do everytime just like mine is or others here on the forum.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote