Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
tapentexture

Default 2013 gs conquest 269bhl

Why do I feel like I'm getting stonewalled when I request more than dealer info on this trailer? We paid a lot of money for this camper and haven't picked it up yet. Kinda makes me wonder (and a little nervous) why there is so much trouble getting model specific information.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: 2013 gs conquest 269bhl

I don't know what you want, but did you check the Gulf Stream website, it seems to have all the specs and info there for the Conquest 269bhl model.

Ron

Note: I deleted you repeat post on the same subject.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
tapentexture

There is nothing about batteries what's on DC what's on tank sanitation what is needed as far as brake system as far as leveling my RV on and on. Don't tell me what's on the generic owners manual or website is enough to even get me out the doors of the dealership. And I don't want to have to learn it all at the walk through where they will try to sell me everything under the sun. I was not born yesterday! I spent a lot of money on this trailer and think I am entitled to understand all the systems ( of MY trailer) before I go into the walk through so I don't have to leave there with my head spinning and my checking account drained. So please someone that is willing to help me find this info help me. I didn't come on this sight to hear the accolades of the company I came on here actually thinking I might get some help. I bought the trailer so I already like the brand I just need help not propaganda. Thank you
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
Timothy

These things change all the time. The dealer supplies the battery and should have the information you seek, ask someone in the service department as they will know a lot more then the sales people. All you might need to buy is a sewer and water hose but some dealers supply these too. If you buy a water hose be sure to get the white ones that are for potable water. The furnace, refrigerator and water heater all run off 12 volt and propane. The wate pump is 12 volt and there is usually a switch near the monitor panel. The water heater may have an optional 120 volt element and the refrigerater also runs off of 120 volt in additon to the propane. Most of your lighting will be 12 volt and run off the battery but there may be a few 120 volt lights too, usually in the dining area. The slideouts operate off of 12 volt and usually require a well charged battery to operate.

The air conditioner and microwave will be 120 volt and there will be 120 volt outlets throughout the camper. Depending on your tow vehicle you may need a weight distributing hitch. This hitch will help take some of the weight off the rear of your tow vehicle and redistribute it and is almost always advisable to have. Here is an example, http://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distr...s/PS49903.html Some type of sway control is usually desired too and a friction sway control can be seen on the set up in the link.
The toilet is plumbed to the black water tank and sometimes the bathroom sink, but the sinks usually go to the gray water tank. Make sure the black water (sewage) tank is at least 3/4 full before draining, don't leave the valve open even when hooked up to sewer, you can leave the gray water valve open if you have full hook ups but most people like to have some gray water to flush out the sewer hose after dumping the black tank. Good luck with your new trailer.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
tapentexture

Thank you for the information.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
tapentexture

I would like to be removed from this forum it is really of no use to me.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapentexture
I would like to be removed from this forum it is really of no use to me.
With your attitude it is DONE!!
Closed Thread