Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-03-2016, 06:43 PM   #1
askdavis

Default Electrical Question

We were camping in our Gulf Breeze 30 DCT this weekend and a storm knocked out power to the campground. None of the outlets seem to work on battery power. Does anyone know if there is one that does work or if there is a way to make them work. My husband has a cpap machine and needs to plug it in.

Also, does anyone know the weight limit on the upper bunks of a gulf stream/ gulf breeze bunk room?
askdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:38 AM   #2
atreis

Default Re: Electrical Question

You can convert 12V DC (from your batteries) to 117V AC using an inverter. There are two basic types - modified sign wave (MSW) and pure sine wave (PSW). The former are cheap, but the power is noisy (stepped square wave instead of a sine wave) and won't work with everything. The latter are more expensive, but the power is clean.

HOWEVER - you'll find that cpap machines take a lot of juice and will drain your batteries quickly. This will lead you down the path of also needing a fair amount of solar panels or a generator.

Storms came through here Saturday... Lots of damage. I feel for the people at the campground near my house (which was without power for two days - along with my house, but we have a backup generator).