Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
RayandPamTaylor

Default External TV cable connection

My question is about the cable connection in the rear storage compartment on the drivers side, I am not getting any signal to the splitter that is under the cabinet that is over the dinette and just 3ft from the main ant connection. I have attempted to trace the wire, where it comes in to the coach next to the bed it doubles back and enters a wire run that crosses to the passenger side through the compartment under the bed. After that I am stumped, after that it looks like it go's fwd. Without tearing out a lot of stuff there is no way to figure out were it go's from there. This coming May we will be going to CG that has cable TV and it looks like I will have to run the wire through a window. Is there any way to get a wiring diagram showing were the cable run is??
Also along with the TV cable there is a telephone cable taped to it and it seams to follow the same path, and there are no telehone outlets in the coach?
RayandPamTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
RayandPamTaylor

OK it did take me all weekend but I solved the problem , under the shower on the other side of the MH (behind a access panel for the plumbing) from were it came in, it was cut and paired up with a set of 12v wires (open at the ends) almost like they were going to put a splitter and connection for another TV on that side of the RV but did not. still the only mystery is the phone cable and where it go's.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
RCSMITH

Does the coach have an external enertainment center? Our Super C has an external entertainment center with a phone jack, radio & 12v socket.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:43 AM   #4
RayandPamTaylor

No, that's what I was thinking, someone in the factory forgot to put a splitter on the end, and being under the shower is the right location for a connection on the patio. I still have not found the other end of the phone line. The wiring is probably a standard wire harness for this size coach.